Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have My front LEDS wired but no Load equalizer yet . So i am about to splice one into the front harness. I have the tank up in the air cut open the harness and at this point I am thinking maybe I can just wire the load equalizer inside the headlight if it fits . So my question is how hot does a load eqaulizer get ? Will it melt the headlight ?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Unless you are old and drive for miles and miles with your signals on, they don't get that hot. It is easier to splice them in inside the headlight (for the fronts), the wires go from the switch to the lights thru the headlight housing, not thru the wire harness if they are Kury the purple wires go to the (1ea) lt blue and orange wires and the black to ground.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you are old and drive for miles and miles with your signals on, they don't get that hot. It is easier to splice them in inside the headlight (for the fronts), the wires go from the switch to the lights thru the headlight housing, not thru the wire harness if they are Kury the purple wires go to the (1ea) lt blue and orange wires and the black to ground.
Thanx dude.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you get a flasher relay other than your stock one you dont need load equalizer clueless gave me a link 2 buy one it worked great i will see if i can find it or ask him

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I followed Clueless's advice......You can't go wrong! He's the MAN!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm half way done now and I had the load equalizer already . Clue does it hurt if my relay is shot to replace with the one from the link you provided even if I have load equalizers installed front and back on my bike ?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Yeah I'm half way done now and I had the load equalizer already . Clue does it hurt if my relay is shot to replace with the one from the link you provided even if I have load equalizers installed front and back on my bike ?
I may not be following, if the stock one is bad, the blinkers won't work and you can replace it with a digital or stock, they will both work with the equalizer. I probably have a couple stocks also if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may not be following, if the stock one is bad, the blinkers won't work and you can replace it with a digital or stock, they will both work with the equalizer. I probably have a couple stocks also if you want to go that route.
I have a funny feeling I burnt my flasher relay out because my front LEDS burnt out and now I have no blinkers in the rear also my turn / horn fuse blew. I am running the kuryakyn RTB with load equalizer the back . What are your thoughts ? If you have an extra relay yes will take it I was thinking for the price just buy that relay you posted the link to .

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I have a funny feeling I burnt my flasher relay out because my front LEDS burnt out and now I have no blinkers in the rear also my turn / horn fuse blew. I am running the kuryakyn RTB with load equalizer the back . What are your thoughts ? If you have an extra relay yes will take it I was thinking for the price just buy that relay you posted the link to .
Yeah sounds like you fried it, I will look in my toolbox at work tomorrow if I find 1, I'm sure I have a couple, I will pm you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts