Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for a new bike in the near future. I'm a member of the Windy City Women Riders here in Chicago and we tend to do long rides. I have a Honda Shadow ACE 750 right now. I REALLY like the new Fury but I wanted to know if anyone has taken their bike on a long day ride maybe 150-300 mile trip, one way, and done like an overnighter and rode home the next day.

I want to know how it's doing for ride comfort on very long rides?
Has anyone tried to put saddlebags on theirs yet?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Karen

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seems smooth as a babies behind.

I've gone about 120 miles with no issues. Of course I also have a Harley Sportster and the short wheelbase will beat you to death so I have nothing really comfortable to compare it too.

However I'm sure you would like it. I fit on it like glove!

Forward controls but not that forward that you are stretching.

Do you have anyplace around that might allow you to take one for a test ride?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am shopping for a new bike in the near future. I'm a member of the Windy City Women Riders here in Chicago and we tend to do long rides. I have a Honda Shadow ACE 750 right now. I REALLY like the new Fury but I wanted to know if anyone has taken their bike on a long day ride maybe 150-300 mile trip, one way, and done like an overnighter and rode home the next day.

I want to know how it's doing for ride comfort on very long rides?
Has anyone tried to put saddlebags on theirs yet?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Karen
Im about 210 pounds and long rides kinda start hurting the butt. Ive read in these forums where some of the guys sent there seat out to get a gel pad put in them which is what I plan on doing this Winter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have rode 250miles (4 times) only stopping for gas (3 times), on 2 different trips and racked up 700 on each of those trips, both were over night beach trips. I loved it, it rode smooth and has plenty of power and it just seems to fit me like it was custom made just for me. The stopping for gas every 100 miles gets old on a longer ride. Test ride on if you can, I think most people will know if it is the right bike or not in a few miles.

·
Premium Member
13,714 Posts
karen
i am 62 years old and 236 lbs.i have done 4 trips of 250 to 466 mile.on the longer trip around 350 i needed a bum break.i will have a pad in it next week.hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for your input. I live in Northern Illinois so, I think I'll head into Wisconsin and go try one up there where the roads are better and not so much traffic. I'd like to be able to get it up to a good speed. I would love to ride to Iowa and back but I don't think they'll let me do that hahaha!!

Karen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts