Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride Saturday about 170 miles and just about couldnt walk when I got back . I have a bad lower back and the stock seat bout kicked my ass so I'm lookin for the most comfortable seat I can get for the least ammount of money , I am lookin at the Mustang , C&C or Corbin and the Mustang one up is the cheapest and looks to be the most padded but I like the looks of the Corbin just cant afford that right now . What would you guys reccommend ?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
i have L4=L5,L5=S1 discs blown out, I have been 300 straight one day, short of stopping for gas, I weigh 150#, I like the seat. there has been alot of talk of this. might be a persons weight thing is what I thinkin about the stock seat
....... maybe :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Comes down to this option... you want a seat... do the search and look up C&C, Corbin and Mustang... pick a seat and let's see how this turns out...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
i have L4=L5,L5=S1 discs blown out, I have been 300 straight one day, short of stopping for gas, I weigh 150#, I like the seat. there has been alot of talk of this. might be a persons weight thing is what I thinkin about the stock seat
....... maybe :confused:
It's a combination of Riders position (Height, leg positioning.....), Weight, and Tushy Cussion. Just look at yourself as lucky, when I'm on a longer ride i shift around alot on my seat to try staying comfy.

Another option you may want to check is some of the Upholstry shops and see how much to swap foam to something better for your back side, Possibly add Gel and just reuse the OEM seat pan and cover (probably cheapest route). Mean City also does seats too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Comes down to this option... you want a seat... do the search and look up C&C, Corbin and Mustang... pick a seat and let's see how this turns out...
I have looked up all of them I was tryin to get other peoples ideas on the most comfortable seat in their opinion . I know other people have the C&C seats and I have seen one person post about having a Corbin But the Mustangs just came out and was wondering if anyone had one yet and what the comfort level was.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a combination of Riders position (Height, leg positioning.....), Weight, and Tushy Cussion. Just look at yourself as lucky, when I'm on a longer ride i shift around alot on my seat to try staying comfy.

Another option you may want to check is some of the Upholstry shops and see how much to swap foam to something better for your back side, Possibly add Gel and just reuse the OEM seat pan and cover (probably cheapest route). Mean City also does seats too.
Im about 5'10" and 215 lbs and yea I shift around alot too . I also got a set of iso grips to help with numb hands and that didnt help at all still got numb after about 30 to 40 miles .

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Im about 5'10" and 215 lbs and yea I shift around alot too . I also got a set of iso grips to help with numb hands and that didnt help at all still got numb after about 30 to 40 miles .
Numb hands could just be the way your holding the bars, I found the stock grips decent. Iso grips are softer and give you a wider grip which could be good or bad. My hands are OK on longer rides, but if i had risers would help give a more natural position on the bike for helping. I would watch if your putting weight onto the grips, Clenching your fists, and the line your hands are running down from your shoulders to the bars.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Numb hands could just be the way your holding the bars, I found the stock grips decent. Iso grips are softer and give you a wider grip which could be good or bad. My hands are OK on longer rides, but if i had risers would help give a more natural position on the bike for helping. I would watch if your putting weight onto the grips, Clenching your fists, and the line your hands are running down from your shoulders to the bars.
Yea I actually liked the stock grips better was actually thinking about switchin back lol .

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Yea I actually liked the stock grips better was actually thinking about switchin back lol .
I like the stocks also for the most part. ISO are ok, although my Honda dealer has a set of grips, look identical to stock but are softer, going to go look at them again tmw, under 20.00

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
give the iso's a little time so you can see if your positioning/grips helps Since you already got them why waste them unless you really like the OEM better

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
give the iso's a little time so you can see if your positioning/grips helps Since you already got them why waste them unless you really like the OEM better
Yea I have only had em on for about a week I'm gonna keep em on for a while and see how it goes I just mainly need a better seat for now . I figured I would get a seat first and then maybe put on a cruise control and that should help with the numb hands.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yea I have only had em on for about a week I'm gonna keep em on for a while and see how it goes I just mainly need a better seat for now . I figured I would get a seat first and then maybe put on a cruise control and that should help with the numb hands.
Ya know... I am just glad that you are thinking this whole thing through...

Now, I will have to tell you, after being on both a C&C and a Corbin, both are just as comfortable... Unfortunately, that is where everything ends... you will have to decide upon looks after that and price... C&C is the best bang for the buck, but since Mustang came out with theirs, it is up in the air...Reasonably priced, but a difference in looks... :confused: C&C will mod theirs though for little if not 0 extra cost...

Again, back to my original comment, you will have to do some research and above all...

Opinions and reality are Relative to the eye's of the beholder... Get what you like bro and realize that any of the above, is far better than a stock seat... rotfl... :eek::cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I rode about 600 miles on Saturday. Left the house at 730 am, got home around 7pm. We stopped 4 times. I drove the last 250 miles only stopping for gas. I have a C&C seat, and my ass only started to get uncomfortable the last 50 miles or so. I can't say enough about my seat.

As for grips, the only time I get numb hands is the throttle hand, and then its only when Im gripping the grips to tight. Try loosening your grip, its amazing what it does.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I did 300 miles on Saturday--only stopping for gas and rain gear--
my c&c was a pleasant surprise considering you can't test-ride seats.
zero numbness--pure comfort-
I have the 1" lumbar push and it was just perfect. I have iso grips--doing 85mph will give you vibrating hands--
Wearing gloves helps alot. Slowing down helps even more.
On my return ride I avg. 65mph and my hands were normal again--

I'm a c&c evangelist, now, baby!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After alot of research and calling mustang and corbin I decided to go with the Mustang one up w/ driver backrest . Got it today and put it on just in time to go to work , what really sucks is I only live .8 mile from work . I went down a street that used to beat the hell outa me and I could hardly feel any bumps in the road . Compaired to the stock seat this is like a Caddy so far . Cant wait to get out this weekend and really try it out . If the initial ride is any indication of how this seat is gonna feel then I dont forsee any more problems at all except for the ole lady gettin pissed because she cant get me off the bike , lol .

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
After alot of research and calling mustang and corbin I decided to go with the Mustang one up w/ driver backrest . Got it today and put it on just in time to go to work , what really sucks is I only live .8 mile from work . I went down a street that used to beat the hell outa me and I could hardly feel any bumps in the road . Compaired to the stock seat this is like a Caddy so far . Cant wait to get out this weekend and really try it out . If the initial ride is any indication of how this seat is gonna feel then I dont forsee any more problems at all except for the ole lady gettin pissed because she cant get me off the bike , lol .
congrats! nothing like a comfy ride on a smokin' machine. period.

·
Registered
2 Posts
see what it costs for you to have your seat recovered with more padding or put a gel pad in it . i have found a place in my town that will recover my seat with ostrige skin or sheep skin. i buy a gel pad and they will do it all for 185.00 that includes the rear seat also

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can have the stock seat redone here in town for about 50 bucks or so , whatever it costs for foam and 25 or 30 for shaping and sewing it all back together but would have been without a seat for couple days so I just orderd the mustang with backrest . Might have the stock seat redone anyway just to have a backup .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Numb hands are from pressure on the ulna nerve at the palm. Happens to bicycle riders and floor refinishers a lot. Relax your arms, let your elbows drop and take the pressure off your palms and in seconds it will go away.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Numb hands are from pressure on the ulna nerve at the palm. Happens to bicycle riders and floor refinishers a lot. Relax your arms, let your elbows drop and take the pressure off your palms and in seconds it will go away.
Savin up now for some risers to bring bars back a lil bit .
Should help a bit too .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts