Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a couple of forum members that want to lower their bike. We have our stock rear shock setup ready to go, but we need to get some real life feedback. Our testing shows to be good, but the real test is in your hands.

Here's the terms: You'll need to remove your stock shock and ship it to us. We will then return the shock same day. You install it and start riding.

We will give you a feedback forum to fill out and return to us.

Please email us the following to be chosen for this special offer.
Name
Address
Phone
Weight
Picture of you and your bike
DL#

The special is $100 (Half of retail) you be responsible for shipping cost. If you return the feedback form and write a review on the ride with links to our site we will offer you $50 discount on your next purchase.

Please email all request to [email protected]
Thanks for checking us out
LM
Low and Mean. Custom Motorcycle Accessories and Parts
928-255-0230

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Before I submit for this let me verify one thing please. You have shocks already ready to ship out to lower the bike? My point is now that I can finally ride I don't want a month of bike down time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I submit for this let me verify one thing please. You have shocks already ready to ship out to lower the bike? My point is now that I can finally ride I don't want a month of bike down time.
I know alot of time we promote stuff and don't have the product finished, but we never take money or make request like this one unless we have most everything available.

The normal kit will come ready to install, but on this setup we are asking for a select few to send us their shock. We will install and ship back. We have this available today and will ship these shocks back the day we receive them.

What are we changing, nothing that can't be changed back. Why are we so secretive? We want to make sure all is in order before we release all the info. When will this happen? When we get some positive results back from your fellow forum members.

I expect to choose a couple of guys by the end of the week.

LM

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
This sounds like another great option. Thanks for the info. Chris and we look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Ohh i wish i could leave my bike with some down time!!!!! I want to lower it so badly and what better offer than this.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was wondering the same thing...
Great question, sorry should of addressed this in the beginning. Under the frame at the rear will be 1.5" lower. So stock is 5.5" and this setup will be 4". Here's a picture of the Honda Fury with the modified stock shock.

LM

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Trail?

Great question, sorry should of addressed this in the beginning. Under the frame at the rear will be 1.5" lower. So stock is 5.5" and this setup will be 4". Here's a picture of the Honda Fury with the modified stock shock.

LM
Your kit looks good Chris. Can you tell us how this affects the trail?

Thank you.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your kit looks good Chris. Can you tell us how this affects the trail?

Thank you.
Troy, The trail is just going to get longer as we all know people like to follow the Fury just to get a better look. hahha, seemed funny in my head. Anyways, bottom line when you change the geometry of your ride, you effect the stock handling, but this setup and/ or adding our extenders does not kill the ride or make the trail un-safe. We've had our bike up to top speed and the stability has been acceptable at high speeds. As for real trail numbers, we don't have any to offer, if need be we can, but at the moment if the ride is good.. who cares about the trail.
By the way this was a great question, as expected from a pro in our industry!

LM

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a video by them... albeit, they really need to make another video actually showing how to remove and install the damn shock (5 minute video guys of a walk around the shock assembly? SERIOUSLY???) instead of just a walk around, but as you'll see by the pic below, looks fairly simple...

also, here's a link to the pic:

Ohio, Florida, Honda, Parts, Accessories, dealer, Honda Direct LIne
Yes, We are working on a full video talking about the stock shock, how to adjust and install/ remove so you know more than before.

We hope to make everyone know what to expect before they buy a product from us.

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen a stupid question from this board, you guys are sharp! SERIOUS!

LM

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Woo Hoo! I've been waiting for the product for a long time!

FYI, I sent an email to be a test subject. I'll provide a through feedback :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Just a quick update on this issue... as some of you guys know, I have taken my bike apart for a modification... this modification was for the Low & Mean shock, which I should get back within the next few days... after that, I will probably make a new post with running updates on the verdict of this lowered shock. Since I ride almost all the time & know just about every bump along the road to & from all my locations, I should be able to tell you guys pretty much right away if there is a difference in the feel & the way the bike handles... stay tuned next week for some updates on this lowered shock... :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts