Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
you sure you really want one that bad, if i was you i would just save that money and save up a little more and get a Ginz sissybar as the OEM one isn't worth the 150-200 you pay for it, i have one installed and that's my opnion.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
you sure you really want one that bad, if i was you i would just save that money and save up a little more and get a Ginz sissybar as the OEM one isn't worth the 150-200 you pay for it, i have one installed and that's my opnion.
Either that or wait until someone has one fabbed that mounts the same way as the oem, but looks better and is taller.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
you would think that companies would be all over this mod as it would be cheap to manufacturer, and yeah it should be easy for them to mod a bracket that use the OEM holes, oh well i have the OEM right now and it works so i'll stick with that for a while.

·
Registered
97 Posts
OEM sissy bar.

I plan on dumping the oem bar and getting the Ginz bar. The only hold back is I'm working on the L&M rear fender right now. Bought a blemish from them that needed some mods. Will hopefully decide on paint scheme soon enough. Once done old parts getting yanked. If you can't find one cheap enough, I'll sell mine pretty cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best concept I have seen

Was the Harley version called a plugNplay reciever for the backrest, just not sure without having one here if it fits the contour of the Fury back fender, but i'm guessing not.

The Ginz are nice, but to tall in my opinion, I still like to low profile look but know what you're saying about comfort, I hate to settle but the wife refuses to ride without one, cant say as I blame her, just nothing out there yet that looks apealing.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Was the Harley version called a plugNplay reciever for the backrest, just not sure without having one here if it fits the contour of the Fury back fender, but i'm guessing not.

The Ginz are nice, but to tall in my opinion, I still like to low profile look but know what you're saying about comfort, I hate to settle but the wife refuses to ride without one, cant say as I blame her, just nothing out there yet that looks apealing.
After mine gets finished, I will sell you mine, or I'm sure the guy fabbing mine will make on mid range one. I'm looking to get one about 20-22 inches above the fender.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
After mine gets finished, I will sell you mine, or I'm sure the guy fabbing mine will make on mid range one. I'm looking to get one about 20-22 inches above the fender.
Hey Schmud, what type of bar style are you opting for? I like the pointy Teepee style Ginz has that slants back a little right at the top. I'm gonna find a handlebar fabber and have some bars made that are pointy at the bend...

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
well on sunday and monday i retook the basic riders course to help out some guys in the unit get certified to be instructors, on monday i ran into my buddy that does the fabbing for the unit and i talked to him about fabbing up a backrest for me, which he said no problem but that it would be a couple weeks before we could start working on it, also talked to him about powder coating the wheels, which again he said no problem, but i'll probably wait until winter on this since i would have to take the tires off the rims and all that. i'll let him look at the bike and see if he can fab a mounting bracket or if i should just buy the one from Ginz and let him fab a backrest to that, i'm excited to get that stuff started, honestly i don't think the OEM sissbar is all that bad, but i definitely think it's wayyyyy over priced for what you get, jmho.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hey Schmud, what type of bar style are you opting for? I like the pointy Teepee style Ginz has that slants back a little right at the top. I'm gonna find a handlebar fabber and have some bars made that are pointy at the bend...
I'm thinking the tee pee style also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts