Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post even though I have been lurking for quite a while. I got my Black Fury about 3 weeks ago brand new with Cobra Swepts already on it from the dealer. This is my first cruiser after selling my Hayabusa about 3 years ago and I am really enjoying it. I have read many threads with great ideas and seen some great looking bikes. So far I have cut and drilled the baffles on the Cobras (a wonderful mod for those who think no baffles are too loud), removed all the stickers, installed the Kury engine case covers and will soon be adding a C&C Solo seat, extended forward controls and some chrome wheels when I get the $$$ saved up. My biggest question right now is about the C&C seat and what exactly to get. I have already sent Chuck a email about it and he replied by saying I should probably ask around since the seat is still so new. I am 6'5" and about 300 pounds so I was wondering if the standard seat is the way to go or should I go with a firmer foam and also would getting the gel be worth it or not with someone my weight? Lastly has any taller people had any problems with the seat? Any info would be great on the subject. I am looking forward to many great miles on this bike. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Heres a ? for ya. Being 6'3" ... are you going to run with the addition of new forward controls? Im 6'2" and find that 1. my knees are just too close to my body while riding & 2. i sometimes have issues getting my work boots under the shifter or resting my right foot and not hitting the brake. Just curious.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Extended forward controls are on my list of things to do very soon, I am still bouncing back and forth between getting a set of accutroincs or getting the L & R kit. I have noticed the clearence on the shifter can be tight with some boots and I do the same thing with the rear brake because I am used to having the massive stopping power of sport bkie front brakes but I am getting more use to using the rear now. Thanks for the input to everyone so far, I looks like I will be going with the firmer foam for sure and probably skip the gel. I am up in the air about getting stiching but I am likng the blade design.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Feel your frustration! I am also 6ft 5in tall 235lbs.
I have the 3in accutronix forward controls and they are a must. Much more comfortable ride. The problem still remains with the Rear brake and shifter. If our legs were shorter the toe of our boots would be more toward the sky because our legs would be straighter but because we are taller they are facing toward the front of the bike. I have to point my feet outward on the pegs so I am not pushing the brake or shifter. I am just going to get longer pegs.
Go to my profile and look threw my photo album to see the controls.
I am also curious about the seat. I can tell you after I got the controls my ass was not as sore. Still not good enough tho.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The controls look really good, I was thinking about going with the elite set to kinda match up with the down tubes. Looks like I might be spending lots of cash monday.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The controls look really good, I was thinking about going with the elite set to kinda match up with the down tubes. Looks like I might be spending lots of cash monday.
Wait till you want a fat tire kit. $4000.
I'm working on that one.
If you get a seat could you let us know how it is in this thread after you ride with it?
If it works for you it should work for me.:D

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do, I should order it monday and hopefully get it the first part of the following week. The fat tire mod is on this list of things to do if I get a extra $4000 laying around lol.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
What fat tire kit are you talking about for 4G's the only one i have seen is the sumox with a 240 or 250 tire and it was only like 2G's.
It's 2.6k just for the kit, polished rear rim... if you want chrome, another 400$ and if you want another matching front wheel available in Polish $925.00 or chrome $1299.00. Then don't forget tax & shipping, oh - Tire sold separately...

So yea, think the math is a little low on your end... here's the link:

MeanCycles - HONDA - FURY 1300 - 250 FAT TIRE KIT FOR HONDA FURY

That's why it's still better for this option, only if you have 4-6 weeks worth of time you have to kill for the downtime though... Or an extra rim...

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/1974-240-tire-modified-stock-rim-video.html

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Hey guys this is my first post even though I have been lurking for quite a while. I got my Black Fury about 3 weeks ago brand new with Cobra Swepts already on it from the dealer. This is my first cruiser after selling my Hayabusa about 3 years ago and I am really enjoying it. I have read many threads with great ideas and seen some great looking bikes. So far I have cut and drilled the baffles on the Cobras (a wonderful mod for those who think no baffles are too loud), removed all the stickers, installed the Kury engine case covers and will soon be adding a C&C Solo seat, extended forward controls and some chrome wheels when I get the $$$ saved up. My biggest question right now is about the C&C seat and what exactly to get. I have already sent Chuck a email about it and he replied by saying I should probably ask around since the seat is still so new. I am 6'5" and about 300 pounds so I was wondering if the standard seat is the way to go or should I go with a firmer foam and also would getting the gel be worth it or not with someone my weight? Lastly has any taller people had any problems with the seat? Any info would be great on the subject. I am looking forward to many great miles on this bike. Thanks in advance.
BigJohn, I am well over 300 pounds and can not say enough about the C&C seat. I did not ask them for the firmer foam, but since I told them my weight, they took it upon themselves to make it more firm with no gel. Before with the stock seat, my ass was dying after only about 30 miles. Now with the C&C I can easily go until the fuel light comes on. I still feel some discomfort from time to time, but it isn't an agonizing pain like I felt before with the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input Steveo. I am about to Call Chuck and order a Solo with firm foam and a think I am going with the blade pattern stiching. Thanks to everyone for the help.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's 2.6k just for the kit, polished rear rim... if you want chrome, another 400$ and if you want another matching front wheel available in Polish $925.00 or chrome $1299.00. Then don't forget tax & shipping, oh - Tire sold separately...

So yea, think the math is a little low on your end... here's the link:

MeanCycles - HONDA - FURY 1300 - 250 FAT TIRE KIT FOR HONDA FURY

That's why it's still better for this option, only if you have 4-6 weeks worth of time you have to kill for the downtime though... Or an extra rim...

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/1974-240-tire-modified-stock-rim-video.html
Thanks, i was quoting from memory apperently and my memory was off.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just got off the phone with Chuck and I ordered a Solo in black vinyl with the blade pattern in black also. I spoke to him and he said the standard foam should hold up just fine so I am going to give it a try and fine out, now I just have to wait till it gets here. I am off to order some extended forward control...

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
What fat tire kit are you talking about for 4G's the only one i have seen is the sumox with a 240 or 250 tire and it was only like 2G's.
I have only found one site that will send it to me with the rim painted, the swing arm painted, and the fender painted and it's $4000 . "Honda powersports.com."
To get it from sumo it is $3416.90 with an unpainted fender and swing arm.

It's $2912.45 Unpainted and does not include side mount plate bracket , LED turn signals, and run /turn /brake Module.
I wish it was only 2g.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Well I just got off the phone with Chuck and I ordered a Solo in black vinyl with the blade pattern in black also. I spoke to him and he said the standard foam should hold up just fine so I am going to give it a try and fine out, now I just have to wait till it gets here. I am off to order some extended forward control...
Good luck,
I am going to get my seat based on your review. Cant wait till you get it.
Your gona love the controls. Then you will want them even longer. I think that's all we got tho.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
i was planning on getting the Sumo kit this year. From start to finish with some nice 5 spoke wheels in chrome, with tires and shipping ... i figured somewhere in the nieghborhood of 5K .. not 4Gs. This is someting i may do in a year or 2 .. for now ill stick with the 200 in the rear, with the possibilities of going to a 240.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good luck,
I am going to get my seat based on your review. Cant wait till you get it.
Your gona love the controls. Then you will want them even longer. I think that's all we got tho.
Lol. I am glad I am not the only one waiting, Chuck said about 8 day to make it and 3 for shipping so about 2 weeks and it should be here. A full review and pics will happen soon after I get it.

i was planning on getting the Sumo kit this year. From start to finish with some nice 5 spoke wheels in chrome, with tires and shipping ... i figured somewhere in the nieghborhood of 5K .. not 4Gs. This is someting i may do in a year or 2 .. for now ill stick with the 200 in the rear, with the possibilities of going to a 240.
The 240 tire on the wider stock wheel looks pretty tempting. I am going to call a place that is a couple hours away about smoothing and powder coating my wheels or chroming them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree i have looked into having my wheels powder coated as well. There is a place in Des moines Ia that will do them for $50 per rim. I have the blue paint and I was thinking about matching the wheels, but cant decide if it will be too much blue. whats your thoughts?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.