Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any recommendations on vendors that have custom foot pegs that will fit the fury

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
There are adapter clevis's you can select some universal pegs (kinda how Kury has them) If you want forwards Accutronics, Supreme legends, and i think DLXproducts (the shop that just started posting on here) has sets

·
Registered
85 Posts
Kury Iso all around are nice and last a long time. They even make em for the shifter and brake pedals to match. Hard to beat their prices. Good prices for them at cruisercustomizing.com.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies I'll check them out. I got my Chrome pieces back from the chromer and had the rear peg brackets chromed so now the OEM pegs really stand out and not in a good way "Yuck"

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
How difficult would it be to attach some floor boards a few inches back from the OEM forwards? (for those long rides)
Are there safety or other issues to be concerned about?
Always wondered about some floor boards...

·
Registered
164 Posts
GFF you couldn't be more correct about the rear footpegs, and the front for that matter. But the rear ones do look like they were off a 75cc trail bike from the 70's.

Too bad you have already chromed your rear brackets. I hack sawed off the two mounting plates from the bracket drilled a hole, 7/16" I think, and bolted on a set of Kuryakyn MAGNUM clevises. These only take Harley pegs but the Kury adapters are only $20 and you can fit any of the Kury peg range and lean the pegs back so they run parallel with the rear guard. I have the Mini pilots on but will make a set of stainless O ring pegs to match the front.

Here are a couple of pictures, I know how every body just loves them pictures ...

This method is relatively easy for any home handy man with a drill, hacksaw and a file.

Hope this helps gives a few new comers some ideas.

Cheers
GUY

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
I added the kuryakyns about 7K miles ago and absolutely love them for the long rides. Just fold them up for around town tight curves. :)

SwingWing Pegs | Küryakyn
Scoutmonster, I heard the swingout portion of the swingwing pegs are very wobbly and feel poorly constructed. I had my eye on these but have held off pulling the trigger because of the reports I read.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Scoutmonster, I heard the swingout portion of the swingwing pegs are very wobbly and feel poorly constructed. I had my eye on these but have held off pulling the trigger because of the reports I read.
I don't think that they feel wobbly at all actually... Maybe the individual just needs to tighten up the allen head that is attaching the wing. As one of mine fell off when I first got the pegs. But, to each their own.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are in no way wobbly or poorly constructed. They are hella stout.

I constantly pull them in and out depending on where I am riding and after that many miles you would think if they were crappily constructed the locking mechanism would have come loose. But no they are as tight as ever.

I would suggest just a little locktite on them. The screws backed out just a touch after a couple thousand miles. No problems at all since then.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My father purchesed the swingwings for his suzuki M50 right before our trip up to Americade last year and absolutely loves them. He's had them on his bike every since then. I'd say they are well built and have held up great for him!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have the switchblades which are very similar to the swing wings but instead of a foot rest swinging out forward, a heel stirrup swings out the back of the peg. Great for longer rides, just kick your feet up on the stirrups and relax. They did get loose one time but I just tightened the allen nuts like RSS said above and they have been fine ever since. Great pegs. I like them so much, they are the main reason I am building my own forwards, I want to keep them instead of the accu or dlx pegs.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I've ridden about 500 miles on my swingwing pegs and gotta say that they are really comfortable....thanks RSS for the suggestion and the blue locktite info....I locktited the heck out of all the screws on it after I lost my first one on the first ride.....really glad I got them, particularly since my legs aren't long enough for forwards.....I like sitting with the feet angled out on both parts of the pegs.....the combo of the pegs, the bikers friend xl bag and the c&c seat really make the long rides much more enjoyable!!!!! Thanks again RSS for the head's up!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
No problem ;-)

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts