Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
HAHAH it takes alot to offend me LOL AND I am single! I am not going to rush into it. I am going to wait a bit and make sure I am feeling good on my little Rebel. My thinking is to keep the Rebel even when I get the fury so I can practice with that, I have a few schools nearby to practice in the lots, then I can ride the rebel and have fun while I get my bearings with the fury.
I think you'll find this bike a lot easier to handle than you think. Even though it's got a pretty long wheel base, it really doesn't feel like it. You can maneuver the bike pretty easily with minimal force IMO. As far as the height goes, I actually think the Fury suits shorter people much better. I'm 6'1" and even with forward controls I'm not as stretched out as I'd like to be. When I flat foot the bike I feel like my knees are almost 90*. I'd much rather have them more extended as "posts". So usually when I come to a stop I'll flat foot it to control the bike but if I'm just sitting at a light I have me heels out and legs almost fully extended.

Parking lot practice is your friend with the Fury for low speed maneuvering, but honestly, getting out and getting the feel at decent speeds is just as important, you learn the countersteer weight by pushing into corners. Like I mentioned though it doesn't really take much effort.

Since you already have a bike, it should transfer over pretty easy. Even with a different style bike, most people coming from them understand the "concepts" to control a bike. Though they may be different, they can be transferred to other bikes pretty easily.

Welcome and enjoy the new machine when you get there, these are one of a kind scoots!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Grey Fury's are the smallest so that should be perfect!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
thats what i thought !! Althoght there is an orange floating around my area for sale, I wonder where that fits in the size range?
Slow, a bit more "husky".

Joking aside, if for some reason it feels too tall, you can actually lower the bike slightly by a rear spring that the vendors sell, or you can have the spring cut or DIY. There's lots that were running the cut spring (I was at one point). Problem with the cut version is because you are cutting coils off, you actually increase the spring rate, which would lead in your case, to a more harsh ride. For me at 185, I couldn't really tell the difference.

Buuut, you could also dive down the mod rabbit hole and you could install an air ride, that way you could customize the ride height and feel...you could basically drag arse with that thing if you wanted to !

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Height is not the problem, i can sit flat foot just fine and reach everything, its a bit of a strech, but there is a guy in my area who does a lot of custom fury work, he is on here too. My biggest concern was the wight, i know its about 650lbx. and the lenth. but I am not out to go super fast,
Ah yeah the stretch. Aftermarket seats can put you a bit further forward too. Also a set of bar risers (Canella) will set the bars back towards you a bit. I could honestly use a set of risers on my setup, just because in my case the riding position is a tad awkward. That's cool that you have a member close by!

As far as the weight, it'll be more of a challenge at slow speeds but this bike has a low center of gravity and it's pretty generous so you can creep the bike into maneuvers pretty easily. Just takes some getting used to which the parking lot will be good for. At speed though, no need to worry, the thing is pretty nimble for what it is once you have some speed. Speed = better = easier to handle.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Not yet but getting closer. I am going to make an appt at the local Indian dealer that has one. I want to sit on in and take it around the parking lot. I have contacted someone to make the mods to bring the pegs closer and found the handlebar mod to bring that closer too. I really like the orange or blue and chrome so I would like to find one like that
Oh no another chromer! Blind people with all that bling:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts