Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yeah, I would have to agree with you a little. I wonder if those down tubes start to “whistle” when you get up to 30-40 mph.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Whatever happened to that kid

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yeah, I would have to agree with you a little. I wonder if those down tubes start to “whistle” when you get up to 30-40 mph.
I'd be more worried about the "crush" zone of those tubes, more than anything. I did bookmark their parts page though ffr, case I start getting froggy again with parts.

Nice looking bike though...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
He had a hand in some of the Fury EARLY design stages, they paid WCC to provide some drawing for a everyday chopper.

I still like the looks of the Diablo, but the Fury is NO DOG in the looks department!

·
Registered
53 Posts
He had a hand in some of the Fury EARLY design stages, they paid WCC to provide some drawing for a everyday chopper.

I still like the looks of the Diablo, but the Fury is NO DOG in the looks department!
exactly. I read some articles of Honda "taming" his design for production.
I would have liked to see some of the prototypes though.
I do like the paint scheme.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
i heard Honda consulted 3 or 4 chopper builders then kinda bastardized their designs to get the Fury. I dont think they did it way too much but if you mess with an artists work at all, its prettymuch classified as bastardized. The Front fender to me looks like a Yaffee, the tank and rear look like WCC, the Flow of it riding smooth Are from another builder (I have seen similar frame layouts where it is familiar, flowing and fitting, but cant think of it).

I havent officially heard anything about a chopper builder admitting to helping with the design of the fury, but whoever contributed helped push honda in the right direction alot.

I think the only legitimate complaints anyone can have with how the bike turned out is its rear suspension/fender design so the fender is stuck kinda high, the front fender doesnt hug the front tire as much as many builders like, the Neck welds, and the fact its a honda powertrain so honda had to use all the mechanical room for their engine/trans, their battery/electrical set up, and also exhaust too

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Japan is known for having some of the best designers. I wouldnt be surprised if they just took a bunch of pics of domestic choppers ... and made their own. That is what Honda is paying thier design team for.

i do like the cross drilled frame, but not the color matched head light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts