Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while washing my Fury I noticed the chrome shield on the rear
exhaust pipe was loose-right where it meets the cylinder-I have yet to fix it but I will-anybody else noticed the same thing? Might be a fluke....

-----------------
Hippykid
Burgandy Fury #711

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I beleive there all going to do that . Its the rubber mounts melting from the heat . My fix was new pipes .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same here. Mine didn't melt off, it just fell off. Noticed it sitting on the engine block one day after riding. The bike needs new pipes anyway, problem solved!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Take it to your dealer, I've had this happen twice, once where it mounts to the engine block and the second time was the outer heat shield.... Both times the Honda dealer just helped me out and fixed it, if they know what they're doing, it won't rattle again... least from that same place. Mine are still good, going on a month now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yep me too , i carried it in to dealer and they are ordering a new rear inner and outer shield , the tab had broke off the inner shield that holds in place

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yesterday while washing my Fury I noticed the chrome shield on the rear
exhaust pipe was loose-right where it meets the cylinder-I have yet to fix it but I will-anybody else noticed the same thing? Might be a fluke....

-----------------
Hippykid
Burgandy Fury #711
Same here so when I took mine in for my 600 mi service, the tech did told me that's not normal so he'll fix it for me...I hope.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have gotten so used to peeps online using loose for lose, I thought you lost some chrome.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts