Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, with great sadness I have to report I lost my bike in an accident Monday evening. I was on my way to work on SR 82 in AZ (Sonoita) and a deer hit me right smack in the middle of the bike from the left side. I must have been doing between 60-65 mph. Tipped me over to the right side and went for a ride for about 150 yards according to the DPS officer who did the investigation. My injuries were a sprained ancle and some nasty road rash on the lower right leg, right forearms, and right palm. At the time only wearing a skull cap and glassesso very lucky the skull cap didn't have a scratch. Deer didn't make it and I turned down the Sheriff's offer to tag him for me. The worst part of the whole experience was I could not get anyone to stop and render aid. I'm in law enforcement and in full uniform at the time and people would not stop. Anyways considering the accident, very lucky to be on the computer today. I sure miss my bike (total loss) and can't wait to be on the that horse again, but realistically it will be a while. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro... glad you are okay! Hate that... don't know why people wouldn't stop for you, but that's what we get for letting the media dictate societies fears... bah, glad you made it tho...! Did your back rim make it at least... LOL :p

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Forget the Guardian Bell, You had a Guardian Angel. Bikes can be replaced. Nothing that can be said now will make you feel any better. Maybe you need one of those sonic things on your next bike for critters? Get well! Mental.

PS- I would of stopped- for anybody. Remember, good people are out there!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Forget the Guardian Bell, You had a Guardian Angel. Bikes can be replaced. Nothing that can be said now will make you feel any better. Maybe you need one of those sonic things on your next bike for critters? Get well! Mental
Yea... no kidding. On the deer warner... was thinking of one of those for the bike the next time I travel somewhere remote

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The bike is replaceable aslong as you got insurance, or enough extra cash. It stinks no one rendered aid, but with everyone overly caught up in their personal lives i wouldn't count on it ever. Glad to see you ok though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sorry to hear about this just like all the rest... Just glad to read you are still with us to ride again another day... take it easy and we will see you on the road again... Maybe by then they will install anti-deer sonar... LOL

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. I would have gladly stopped to help, can't believe no one did...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good to hear the story from the horse's mouth and not from the newspaper post mortem. Hang tough!

(Do those whistle things work? I always wondered since it's not like deer can't see headlights, but that doesn't keep them from getting hit at night, so why would something that they can hear be different? Just because it's an annoying sound? Thanks)

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your accident but I'm very happy to hear your injuries are not as bad as what they could have been and I hope you have a speedy recovery. The most disturbing part I really find about this story is that fact that no would stop to help you out in this type a situation. This is truly a wake up call and really make everyone stop for a minute to wonder just what the hell is going on in this world nowadays!! Take Care.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Like everyone else I'm glad to hear that you didn't get seriously injured or get killed. It sucks to hear about wrecking the bike, but like others said it can be replaced when you're ready. That's a shame that people drove by and just left you there, that's just wrong and people like that will get what's coming to them. I don't remember reading how you did end up getting help, did you call for help yourself? Anyways glad to hear that things worked out and that your not seriously hurt.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Good to hear the story from the horse's mouth and not from the newspaper post mortem. Hang tough!

(Do those whistle things work? I always wondered since it's not like deer can't see headlights, but that doesn't keep them from getting hit at night, so why would something that they can hear be different? Just because it's an annoying sound? Thanks)
People are screwed up! I have seen it many times. I have seen people fall of roofs on construction sites, cut threw there legs with a saw, shoot them selves with a 3in nail, I saw a guy break his leg and arm in half and no one moved to help but me. Everyone just stands there like "what can I do, I'll just keep going on with my day" Maybe they are in shock just from seeing it so they just keep going. I would of helped you.
As far as deer whistles go, I had some when I lived in the country on "Deer pass rd." I never hit a deer with the whistles on my car. I have hit a few in my life time without them tho. Maybe it was luck.
Funny thing is you cant hear the whistles so how do you know if they work?:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Glad you made it out relatively unscathed. Like the others said, the bike can be replaced, you cannot. I have had the good fortune of not hitting a deer, or being hit by one, knock on wood. **Lee raps the top of his head with his knuckles** Godspeed on your recovery!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
The worst part of the whole experience was I could not get anyone to stop and render aid. I'm in law enforcement and in full uniform at the time and people would not stop. Anyways considering the accident, very lucky to be on the computer today. I sure miss my bike (total loss) and can't wait to be on the that horse again, but realistically it will be a while. Ride safe!
Glad you're ok enough to type. Man, no one stopped? Can't believe it. I expect that down here--but, I would think there would be more civilized folk up your way.

Mend well, m'fren!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident MANGIE2K.. glad you made it through okay. There will be other days. That's crazy that no one would stop to help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
at least your still hear, thats all that matters, you can always get a new bike, not a new life. sounds like wear you live the poeple are like 75% OF THE REST IN THIS COUNTRY they dont care unless its happening to them. rest and heal up and get back in the saddle.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.