Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, i have 2 bikes. one is quiet. that means i need my fury to be ridiculously loud! I'm looking for the absolute LOUDEST pipes that can be found ANYWHERE for my fury. so lets hear it. Who makes the loudest? also i was wondering about the exhaust tips that RAW sells. using stock head pipes they basically just eliminate the muffler. are there baffles in them? removable baffles? will these lean the bike out and need a new EFI? Come on fellas! Help Needed in Quiet Garage!

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
the stock pipes are small from the heads back.most aftermarkets are larger.thats where you get the rumble from.i run the cobra swepts without baffels.that is about as loud as you can get away with in va.good luck and keep the rubber on the ground.

·
Registered
153 Posts
any one of the 3 exhaust options from fuggin fabrication are going to be louder. My Mayhems sound pretty good next to a harley. If you want really loud, you could probably take the baffles out of them. They are welded in, so you would have to cut them out, and it would definately mess with your air/fuel ratio, a fuel controller would be a must. The baffles provide the needed back pressure for the engine, and you would probably loose a few horse power in the process. But damn they would be loud! :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any one of the 3 exhaust options from fuggin fabrication are going to be louder. My Mayhems sound pretty good next to a harley. If you want really loud, you could probably take the baffles out of them. They are welded in, so you would have to cut them out, and it would definately mess with your air/fuel ratio, a fuel controller would be a must. The baffles provide the needed back pressure for the engine, and you would probably loose a few horse power in the process. But damn they would be loud! :D
do the fuggins require the new EFI? my other bike is a ninja 1000 so i'm definitely not worried about horsepower on the fury but i need to know up front how much money i'm gonna need so i can get all the right parts the first time.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stock pipes are small from the heads back.most aftermarkets are larger.thats where you get the rumble from.i run the cobra swepts without baffels.that is about as loud as you can get away with in va.good luck and keep the rubber on the ground.
i really like the look of the cobra swepts. did they lean the motor out when you removed the baffles? did you have to change the EFI? i took the stock muffler off for a short time and ran open stock pipes. it was pretty damn loud but it leaned the motor out too much so i had to put the muffler back on

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone else care to weigh in? i'm looking for bleeding-from-the-ears-loud! I know you're out there!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the M4 pipes. I had to put the baffles back in because it was hurting my ears. Might be worth a shot for you but the fuel controller will be a must.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
426 Posts
I removed my baffles from my cobras and I think it is damn loud.. It seams to be running fine and I have no FI system. loud and proud!!!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
ruppy any back fire on decel or running through the gears at high r's?

·
Registered
426 Posts
No very little on decel none going threw gears at high rpm. fast and loud!!!!!\
So far so good.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
i have a fuel controler but i have it set on ooo.it runs perfect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
lm with ruppy, i am running cobra swepts with no baffles and no fuel controller and it seems to run ok, but i am not a motorcycle mechanic. not sure what kind of damage its doing, but the cobras are really loud. that was one of my concerns, i wanted something that looked really cool and loud. Cobra has both covered. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
lm with ruppy, i am running cobra swepts with no baffles and no fuel controller and it seems to run ok, but i am not a motorcycle mechanic. not sure what kind of damage its doing, but the cobras are really loud. that was one of my concerns, i wanted something that looked really cool and loud. Cobra has both covered. Good Luck!!!!
You're not really doing 'damage' running without a fuel controller, but you will run leaner... If you do this for TOO LONG, then you take a chance of burning a hole in the top of your pistons.

But... you would really need to abuse the bike before that happens...

and YES, I am a motorcycle mechanic...

·
Registered
82 Posts
You're not really doing 'damage' running without a fuel controller, but you will run leaner... If you do this for TOO LONG, then you take a chance of burning a hole in the top of your pistons.

But... you would really need to abuse the bike before that happens...

and YES, I am a motorcycle mechanic...
wondering how lean youll run above idle? i think it was S&S that dynoed the stock bike and said it ran slightly lean at idle and a little rich on mid range where its run mostly,if thats the case if u add pipes only youll probably be running (read might) bad lean at idle and slightly lean mid range.if u add pipes and your not getting many signs of a lean condition ,dont let it idle for long periods.if u add a intake to good flowing aftermarket exhaust you need to alter your fuel/air mixture with a control.this is my theory only ,im running hardchrome 2.5s ,my theory only

·
Registered
91 Posts
ok guys, i have 2 bikes. one is quiet. that means i need my fury to be ridiculously loud! I'm looking for the absolute LOUDEST pipes that can be found ANYWHERE for my fury. so lets hear it. Who makes the loudest? also i was wondering about the exhaust tips that RAW sells. using stock head pipes they basically just eliminate the muffler. are there baffles in them? removable baffles? will these lean the bike out and need a new EFI? Come on fellas! Help Needed in Quiet Garage!
All I have to say is I am glad you don't live next door to me :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts