Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the loudest aftermarket pipes that I can get for my '10 Fury?

I'm looking for a pair of chrome pipes with heat shields. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
pretty much all good pipes will have heat shields and be chrome. I have cobras with no baffles and they are loud as hell and look good. I wish Fuggin still were around because I really wanted to change to a set they had.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SnuffDog76,

Thanks for the response. I am new at this "aftermarket parts" thing and plus I'm not a mechanic. Besides purchasing the pipes, do I need to buy anything else to go with the install?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run Morton's Inferno's with a Power Commander, oh and I have the cones to go with the pipes. These things are super loud, i actually cut them shorter b/c of dragging issues when turning right. Not sure if they offer heat shields though, mine are coated black which reduces the temp just a bit but will still burn your leg if you're not careful.

·
Registered
970 Posts
SnuffDog76,

Thanks for the response. I am new at this "aftermarket parts" thing and plus I'm not a mechanic. Besides purchasing the pipes, do I need to buy anything else to go with the install?

Hey yes you do replace the gaskets I don't care what anyone says. I didn't put new gaskets on with my pipes and they leaked:mad:. So I had to take them back off and replace the gaskets alot of work that was easily avoidable.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The shorter the pipe, the louder it is. The less bends in the pipe, the louder it is. The larger diameter the pipe, the louder it is.

That being said, I agree with Snuffdog. You yank the baffles out of any pipe and they are all going to be loud. I have the Fuggin Viper IIs which dump to the side right below the seat so it has a different sound in the sattle than the cobra that dump the sound backwards behind you.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yep morton's have the option of buying heat sheilds. I spent a lot of time looking at these since I was considering getting a set. But now I'm going with MFR Customs

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey yes you do replace the gaskets I don't care what anyone says. I didn't put my pipes on and they leaked:mad:. So I had to take them back off and replace the gaskets alot of work that was easily avoidable.
I've had my pipe off and back on with the original askets and no leaks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I run Morton's Inferno's with a Power Commander, oh and I have the cones to go with the pipes. These things are super loud, i actually cut them shorter b/c of dragging issues when turning right. Not sure if they offer heat shields though, mine are coated black which reduces the temp just a bit but will still burn your leg if you're not careful.
I got the Morton Infernos and they are bad ass loud..puts harleys to shame. You can order them with heat shields but they do not come as one unit. The heat shields are seperate and they give you these cheesy straps to hold them to the pipes (they look aweful). So I run them without the heat shields and I think every pair of jeans I own has a little burn mark behind the knee. But just like SummersFury stated, careful taking right hand turns, they will drag if you taking corners too aggresively. I didn't have much of an issue with scraping the pipes until I put the lowering spring on, now I gotta be careful.

My honest opinion...talk to MFR about building you a set. I'm getting rid of my Mortons and getting a custom set made by him.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sampsons are plenty loud with the baffles still in

Remember you lose some performance when you remove the baffles. The back presssure created helps with a few extra horsepower. I have the Cobra Sweepsters with baffles in but drilled with a few holes and really like them. They are deep but not that loud which is my preference. For you, I would recommend any of the Sampsons and leave the baffles in. I think they have 3 styles. They are plenty loud without the need to remove the baffles. And yes, you will ned to replace the gaskets which you can get at your Honda dealer for about $20. Be sure to take out the existing gaskets which have melted in and are hard to see. Use an exacto knife or a dental scraping tool (my choice) to get the original gaskets out. Good luck!

·
Registered
970 Posts
To get the old gaskets out take a small screwdriver and make sure its on the gasket and hit it pretty hard then go straight across on the other side of the exhaust port and do the gasket on that side the same way, which causes the gasket to bend out so you can opick it out real easy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put the sampson hellraisers on and could not be happier. Even with the baffels in they are loud. I was thinking about pulling the baffels but i ride to work at 430am and dont want the neighbors screaming at me.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I put the sampson hellraisers on and could not be happier. Even with the baffels in they are loud. I was thinking about pulling the baffels but i ride to work at 430am and dont want the neighbors screaming at me.
Snow should be about gariffe ass high now in Maryland isn't it. Hope you are riding in a car and talking about summer:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
we just got 10 inches of snow wednesday, and there calling for another storm next week. It sucks! I cant wait for spring and summer.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
we just got 10 inches of snow wednesday, and there calling for another storm next week. It sucks! I cant wait for spring and summer.
If I lived there I would be in a motel waiting to catch the next plane out. But hey everybody has to live somewhere. I bet it is nice in the summer tho:D Stay warm

·
Registered
80 Posts
I cut my stock pipes up and this was the result, they are pretty loud almost border line abnoxious. I used these for a few months before winter. I am planning on getting some new pipes, I just hacked them up for fun. They also shoot a 8-10 flame when the bike warms up. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I know someone who has a set of black cobra swepts for sale !!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts