Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaning into turns is one of the great joys of riding for me but when I scrape a peg, I over-react. I almost ate a guardrail reacting to a scrape on a mountain twisty - scared the crap out of me. I would not do any mod that causes more scraping. In fact, I’d like to be able to lean even more aggressively.

That said, I like the lowered look and would like to achieve a compromise. Thinking about my options, am I on the right track with …

1) T-mod to lower the back fender without lowering the pegs and
2) Fork extenders to increase peg height so I can lean more without scraping

Or are there other options to consider?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I have the cobra sweeps (Always drag on tight corners) Installed the L&M spring still drag, T-mod no effect, Installed 3" fork extenders (No trees) and helped greatly........But in the end it is not a sport bike it is a cruzer and that said...you can't have your lean and Fury 2...........:D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
My exact point on why the lowering spring is not for me. I lean aggressively also. That is why I will be doing the 3" extenders and the T-Mod also. I will help but never get rid of it.
Scraping my pegs always throws me off too. When I had my Electra glide I loved to scrape the floor boards. Looks cool at night too.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
sh!t LMAO I am so use to dragging, when I start to drag, I time the drag, a 7 second drag is my best

Reactions: BakoFury

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I am an aggressive rider, coming from a crotch rocket, and I haven't dragged a peg yet, but I have Kury footpegs without the pin sticking out the bottom.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At first scraping the peg got me a little nervous, now I say to myself before I go into the curve "let's see how long I can scrape!" LOL

It gets the attention of pedestrians and others!!! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got Kury Stilettos on and have scraped the right one at least half a dozen times but have always missed scraping the Swepts... Always a bit of a surprise, but I just ride through... not much you can do about it anyway, cause by the time you hear it, it's already done.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I didn't even think I was leaning over very far, but my foot got dragged clear off the peg one time. Scraping the peg doesn't bother me too much, but when the pavement yanks my foot off the peg, it makes me a tad nervous.

....and I've scraped my damn Cobra swepts so many times, I almost don't even care anymore.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
sh!t LMAO I am so use to dragging, when I start to drag, I time the drag, a 7 second drag is my best
Just ride in a circle for a couple minutes. A two minute peg scrape!:eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have the one inch L&M extenders and the T-Mod. I still scrap pegs in the mountain twisties. For you guys with the 3 inch extenders, are you still using stock cables? Did you notice any other difference in your ride?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I didn't even think I was leaning over very far, but my foot got dragged clear off the peg one time. Scraping the peg doesn't bother me too much, but when the pavement yanks my foot off the peg, it makes me a tad nervous.

....and I've scraped my damn Cobra swepts so many times, I almost don't even care anymore.
are you sure you didnt fall over at a red light?lmao

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
The 3" is the way to go handles better looks better if u have risors u will need a new brake cable
i put the 8 degree tree and 3 inch lift on mine.it handles like seadawg said,much better.i have been to the mountains on it and only scraped one time.when that happened i was way way over.looked like i was raceing again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I worn down the little peg feelers on my fury. thats how hard I ride. scrapping pegs doesnt scare me at all. since coming from a sport bike. and leaning hard and getting my knee down was the great joy of being one with the bike man and machine. but had to slow down some but i still find the joy in pushing it hard and getting her down in the turns. its no sport bike but still the fun is there. I scraped the under side of my cobra speedsters.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
No scraping here with Forward Controls. If I'm in a hard lean, it'll scrape the exhaust before anything else, but even then, the lean angle is extreme and I would NOT go over anymore before the bike ends up on it's side.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts