Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY! I have my Low and Mean front fender painted, striped, cleared, and installed! This fender is so sexy! The architecture is great so I decided to use graphics in silverleaf to accentuate the form. Sorry about the garage shots, but it has been raining all day here!

BTW...For RedSpawnSilver I have added a shot of my XOPRODOX Toe Pegs INSTALLED! LOL!

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
that fender looks nice bluedragon.may do something like that to mine.ride safe

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that fender looks nice bluedragon.may do something like that to mine.ride safe
THANKS! I also ordered the billet chrome lower fork covers yesterday! Can't wait to get them! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You like it, you don't, what...
50 looks and only ONE comment! Come on!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Looks great! I havent seen much silverleaf. It really gives it an effect you arent going to acheive with paint. Subtle, but very custom. If you get some sunny weather, would like to see some pics out in the wild.

I like the grips and pegs too. Might have changed my mind about ISO grips. Are those grips and pegs very slippy?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great! I havent seen much silverleaf. It really gives it an effect you arent going to acheive with paint. Subtle, but very custom. If you get some sunny weather, would like to see some pics out in the wild.

I like the grips and pegs too. Might have changed my mind about ISO grips. Are those grips and pegs very slippy?
Thanks...simple elegance is my goal. Pictures do not do the graphics justice at all. I will try some outdoor shots when the sun comes back out! LOL!

As a new rider I was concerned about the grips and pegs, but no need. I wear gloves and boots, been in a little rain and all is good!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Looks delicious, yum!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH, I think the fender is Purrrdy, but your front tire needs a shave. :p
Ha, Ha! I have over 1,000 miles now but still a "cautious" new rider. My "chicken strip" is still nothing to brag about.

I have been so jealous of chromed wheels on this forum, but with the silver leaf on the new front fender I'm beginning to like the wheels....softer look for a girls bike. Unfortunately the guy that cleared the fenders and tank and installed my toe pegs scratched the front rim on his lift. I am considering having them powdercoated silver with some large metal fleck in them. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ha, Ha! I have over 1,000 miles now but still a "cautious" new rider. My "chicken strip" is still nothing to brag about.

I have been so jealous of chromed wheels on this forum, but with the silver leaf on the new front fender I'm beginning to like the wheels....softer look for a girls bike. Unfortunately the guy that cleared the fenders and tank and installed my toe pegs scratched the front rim on his lift. I am considering having them powdercoated silver with some large metal fleck in them. What do you think?
Maybe someone with some photoshop skills could help.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Looks good! Time to enter another FOTM :D

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I don't think chrome wheels would be to much for that fender, actually I think it would set the fender off more, on the powdercoat with specs, would have to see sample to say anything, but I think it might make the front end to busy. You got good taste, it's your bike, think it through, you gonna do what you want to do, no matter what we say! :p

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Another mod perfectly executed, looks great. I assume the install was simple with no issues?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Stunningly beautiful, BlueDragon!, but then from you I have come to expect nothing less.

Cheers

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very Nice!, may I ask where you purchased the graphics??
A local design shop "InDesign Signs" created these just for me! I wanted to name the bike "Blue Dragon" and wanted the bike to be feminine, but still have attitude! I am also a big fan of accentuating the architecture of vehicles. I have been very pleased with the result. Having it all cleared (both fenders and the tank) really brought it out. These pictures do NOT do it justice AT ALL. I am expecting a few more parts in the next two weeks and will post some better pictures then.

RICHARD1, the install of the LOW and MEAN Fender is a snap...even a non-mechanic like me can do it all by myself! LOL!

MENTAL, I KNOW chrome would look stunning on this bike; however, COST has been and issue for this mod. I am taking the bike to Las Vegas the end of September to show it in the "Big Leagues" and the silver leaf does make it look like the wheels are done silver "on purpose" as it goes so well with the silver leaf. Now that the front wheel is scratched, I have to do something NOW! Because it is a girls bike, I am hoping that a little glitter in the paint will dress it up, yet not be too much. I guess it is yet to be seen if I will pull it off. I can always strip the powder and chrome them later if my money tree produces! LOL.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
The bikes looking great Blue Dragon! I love that reaper front fender and all you've done to your bike. I like how its so different than everyone elses...keep it up.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The bikes looking great Blue Dragon! I love that reaper front fender and all you've done to your bike. I like how its so different than everyone elses...keep it up.
Wow, what a compliment! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts