Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Think I'd rather have Chris on here to explain all of that; as I know of it, the shock won't go completely on sale until after all of my data and that of Clueless is given to them (beta tester's... ;)). We want to completely make sure this shock is not only safe, but comfortable for everybody.
That was my understanding still testing and refining..:D

Red, Good post.

1. Running the Sumo 250 Kit I actually noticed that the bike felt more stable. I assumed it was the larger tire, maybe it is the lower feel like you are describing.

2. Regarding your last point of the “Bumps”. I noticed the same thing. Not sure if it is related to being lowered or not, but in my case Kurt suggested softening my shock setting and checking my tire pressure.

3. Can you please measure the distance of the end of the top tube of the frame to the edge of the rim?

4. I think you really need to ad the Low & Mean fork extensions. Together, I think it will make a bigger difference and make for a better ride.

5. No more pictures of you on the bike, Girlfriend from now on!:D

6. I posted this before reading all the other post so forgive me If I brought up observations twice.

I knew that :rolleyes: except i forgot :eek:. Actually what I was getting at is the height of the chassis. So is it still stock height and just the back of the seat a bit lower to meet the lower fender :confused:.
Yes, just the back of the seat is a bit lower. My bike looks low with the Sumo kit, therefore I would go with Kurts lowering kit vs. Low & Mean’s, only for the “slammed” look when parked. When I’m sitting on the bike, I can barely fit my finger between the tire and fender (side), so that is plenty low for me. If you’re considering the Sumo Kit, I don’t think you could do both, otherwise your Sumo fender would be rubbing the tire. As always, I would suggest talking to Chris and Kurt before making any decisions as I am not an expert.

Yes, just the back of the seat is a bit lower. My bike looks low with the Sumo kit, therefore I would go with Kurts lowering kit vs. Low & Mean’s, only for the “slammed” look when parked. When I’m sitting on the bike, I can barely fit my finger between the tire and fender (side), so that is plenty low for me. If you’re considering the Sumo Kit, I don’t think you could do both, otherwise your Sumo fender would be rubbing the tire. As always, I would suggest talking to Chris and Kurt before making any decisions as I am not an expert.
Why wouldn't the SumoX kit not work with the lowering spring? The SumoX fender allows for complete suspension travel of the stock shock. Adding the lower spring does not increase max compression. It will work.

Discussion starter · #29 · (Edited)
***In my opinion, what I think needs to happen, now that I have had time to evaluate the pictures myself, is a wider/longer swingarm that will center the wheel under the center of the fender and will also allow for future upgrades to a larger/wider tire. This will make it more proportional to each other and give the Fury a longer profile to work with.

Well with the rain we had that kept me from riding my bike they grated my road went to pull outa the driveway after kicking the lip down a bit and still slammed the frame. no lowering kit for me unless its the air drop

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Well with the rain we had that kept me from riding my bike they grated my road went to pull outa the driveway after kicking the lip down a bit and still slammed the frame. no lowering kit for me unless its the air drop
I drove in a low rider for years, you just need to learn how to take things at a slow angle, but you have a better understanding of your environment so I degress.

I drove in a low rider for years, you just need to learn how to take things at a slow angle, but you have a better understanding of your environment so I degress.
I kicked it all down to try tapering it, took it at a nice angle and it still drug. I was p!$$ed, now i gotta touch up my frame.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Hey Red, Seen were they say there for sale but no details..:confused:..Very confusing to old man.........:rolleyes:
He just wants me to get all my information into him after a nice long ride to make sure the testing is validated with some extensive riding (which I will be doing this weekend)... When I rode to school tonight, on the nice long straight highway, I didn't really notice too much of a difference this time in the stiffness of the shock, think at the lower speeds is where you will notice the biggest difference in stiffness.

I like it

Pay attention to the lines, that is how you can tell... Look at the rim of the before then after pic, look at the "air gap" of the before and after pics, then look at the frame of the before and after pics... That is how you can tell.

Also, the one of me sitting on the bike is the most prominent one... pay attention to those.

Remember, it is only 1 1/2' lower, so you won't see BIG changes, just a drop and less of that "dirt bike" look, that the before pictures show, where as the after pics show less of that dirt bike affect.
Looks good Red. To me, it's like some mods I have described before in other threads, leaning more towards the subtle than the radical, but with the overall effect still definitely noticeable. In my mind it's less about a radical change in the bikes look, than it is a signifigant improvement in getting rid of that ass-in-the-air look with the fender all way up there as it comes stock. I would agree with Rich1 the fork extenders should be a must for you. I have the extenders on my red bike, although without the lowering kit; I don't expect hardly any signifigant visual difference except a cleaner front fork and the *tiniest* raising effect which probably you won't notice if yer not looking for it. When it's together I'll post pics of the extenders on a bike without the lowering kit. but *with* the lowering kit, I bet the effect will definitely be there.

A huge conern for me, and one which you addressed, is the increased bumpiness. I think Chris at L&M was honest about this in earlier posts, when he stated the shock was a lowering kit more than an air ride deal, and thus *would* stiffen the ride. This however could be a deal-killer for me as inasmuch as I like the lowered look I already consider the ride pretty damn stiff and if this stiffens it, might be a sacrifice I don't want to make. I'll look forward to some more updates from you as you ride it a bit, and ESPECIALLY any info on a "softer" shock you mentioned if indeed Chris has such a thing going.

By the way:

I can feel the air on the highway hit my check a tab bit higher than it did before. It hit me mid/mid-high in the chest before and now hit's me mid-high/bottom of neck line now.
Um ... what's your "check"? If it's a private body part, please feel free to NOT describe it lol ...

Overall impression: good looking mod; I like it and will get it next year IF the ride stiffness thing isn't an issue.

This kit looks like it will be another nice option choice and will be a big seller within the forum and for all fury owners but I still think the illusion of closing the stock gap an the look of a lower profile can and will be proven to be accomplished in the future with the right rear fender design and modification needed that will give the desired look everyone is looking to achieve without touching the shock. Just my thoughts!

This kit looks like it will be another nice option choice and will be a big seller within the forum and for all fury owners but I still think the illusion of closing the stock gap an the look of a lower profile can and will be proven to be accomplished in the future with the right rear fender design and modification needed that will give the desired look everyone is looking to achieve without touching the shock. Just my thoughts!
I totally agree, Dave! I know there has to be a way to cut off that framework under the fender, modify it, (shorten and lower if needed), and weld it back on with a different, better looking fender. Or just build a different fender and fender frame kit altogether. I wish I had the expertise to design and build such a fender kit.

To me that's really the only thing I hate about the bike is that ugly ass looking fender.

I totally agree, Dave! I know there has to be a way to cut off that framework under the fender, modify it, (shorten and lower if needed), and weld it back on with a different, better looking fender. Or just build a different fender and fender frame kit altogether. I wish I had the expertise to design and build such a fender kit.

To me that's really the only thing I hate about the bike is that ugly ass looking fender.
Just buy the Sumo fender. You cut the framework under the fender and his fender bolts right on.

Just buy the Sumo fender. You cut the framework under the fender and his fender bolts right on.
That might be the way to go, but would it look right without the whole tire kit? Plus, I kinda' want to have some kind of frame under there in case I want to haul something, like a bag with some beer in it, or maybe a person in an emergency. I'm getting the Fastback C&C seat today and I'd like to have something to bolt it to.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.