Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, if anyones interested, I was able to put 136 miles on my bike before the low fuel light came on. I filled up at that point and it took 2.5 gallons to top it off. If I figured right, that workes out to 54 MPG. I rode mostly highway at 40 - 60 mph.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Ok guys, if anyones interested, I was able to put 136 miles on my bike before the low fuel light came on. I filled up at that point and it took 2.5 gallons to top it off. If I figured right, that workes out to 54 MPG. I rode mostly highway at 40 - 60 mph.
Just about the same for me,

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
damn my light still comes on at about 90-100 but i only have 700 total miles
Are you filling it to the max or only when the pump turns off? This was the case for me when I first got the bike, since it's my first bike... didn't know to hold up the nozzle.

Ride 75-85 mph on the highway too, light doesn't come on till about 120 miles or so. Also, have about 3600 miles on my bike, but it is still the same ever since I found out to hold the plastic nozzle piece up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've check my gas mileage twice.... I got 39.5 and 40.2 MPG...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you filling it to the max or only when the pump turns off? This was the case for me when I first got the bike, since it's my first bike... didn't know to hold up the nozzle.

Ride 75-85 mph on the highway too, light doesn't come on till about 120 miles or so. Also, have about 3600 miles on my bike, but it is still the same ever since I found out to hold the plastic nozzle piece up.
no i fill to the collar. i think my bike just needs more breaking in.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Mine is 50-52 mpg, I ride mostly on the highway with very little in town, I will be doing some long rides this weekend, so I will watch it closely.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts

RedspawnSilver,
You have 3600 miles on the road? Wooo that's impressive. Funny thing not many states have the plastic cover on the nozzle. Pain in the bum that you have to hold it back to pump the gas.
RedspawnSilver, you joining us next weekend?
T

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
RedspawnSilver,
You have 3600 miles on the road? Wooo that's impressive. Funny thing not many states have the plastic cover on the nozzle. Pain in the bum that you have to hold it back to pump the gas.
RedspawnSilver, you joining us next weekend?
T
Didn't know there was something going on...? Send me an e-mail or post here what is going on, if I can make it, will surely let you know! Bout' to go out and change the oil, and yes... 2 months (June 20th) 3600 miles and counting use it for everything from a daily ride to rides to the beach when it's hot... rode it to Julian and took a wrong turn on the 78, so was out in the middle of the desert (which is kind of scary with a small tank btw..., just go slow and it gets 60 MPG easy @ around 55 MPH ). This bike can handle everything & totally love that radiator, want to marry it... lol, so yea... let me know what is going on and I'll get back with you.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Didn't know there was something going on...? Send me an e-mail or post here what is going on, if I can make it, will surely let you know! Bout' to go out and change the oil, and yes... 2 months (June 20th) 3600 miles and counting use it for everything from a daily ride to rides to the beach when it's hot... rode it to Julian and took a wrong turn on the 78, so was out in the middle of the desert (which is kind of scary with a small tank btw..., just go slow and it gets 60 MPG easy @ around 55 MPH ). This bike can handle everything & totally love that radiator, want to marry it... lol, so yea... let me know what is going on and I'll get back with you.
<roflmao> I can see it now -- "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today today.."
Would your Fury be dressed in white? I mean you have gotten on her for 3600 miles already so she is not that innocent any more. :D
T

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
<roflmao> I can see it now -- "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today today.."
Would your Fury be dressed in white? I mean you have gotten on her for 3600 miles already so she is not that innocent any more. :D
T
Rotfl goober, no dressed in black...lol, taken her virginity already in more ways than one! ;) BTW, watch that kickstand if you guys ever do the nasty on your bike... that rear fender is stronger than it looks too... lol..

Yea, it looks like a go for the 13th btw! I'll send you a PM with my number, let me know how it works out for the ride!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Rotfl goober, no dressed in black...lol, taken her virginity already in more ways than one! ;) BTW, watch that kickstand if you guys ever do the nasty on your bike... that rear fender is stronger than it looks too... lol..

Yea, it looks like a go for the 13th btw! I'll send you a PM with my number, let me know how it works out for the ride!
I am having this flash of RedspawnSilver on top of some over look as the sun sets... a small dust storm is generated around his bike. Suddenly, red faced from exertion he looks up to see a CHP officer standing there with a complete and total look of shock upon his face.
RedspawnSilver, says "What? I use protection!" :D
T

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I fill my tank pretty close to the top while on the kickstand. (I don’t sit on it and hold it up to get every little drop in.) I have the cobra swepts with the baffles removed, and the fi2000.

My fuel light comes on around 120. This equates to around 46-47mpg. I have noticed a little less mpg since adjusting my fi2000 after removing the baffles. If memory serves me right, I think I was getting to around 130 miles before the light would come on.

I will sacrifice the mileage slip for the way my bike sounds now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Light came on at 125ish at 159 ml. filled up and took 2.8 gal. I was shocked that it went that far, thought i was gonna be pushung her.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Light came on at 125ish at 159 ml. filled up and took 2.8 gal. I was shocked that it went that far, thought i was gonna be pushung her.
Btw, since I last posted over a month ago.. still getting about the same mileage, light comes on around 120 to 130 even with the new pipes on. Running good! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts