Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get opinions on the L&M lowering spring. Thinking strongly about doing this. Anyone unhappy with this mod?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Works great just don't remove the fluid lines that lead to the adjustment knob or you will need a new shock, new spring installs w/o removing lines watch L&M instasll video.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I like the stance of the bike with the lowered spring. Don't know about the ride yet. Mother nature won't back off on winter.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
If you are eventually going to the Sumo-x 250 tire kit, it may not work. Billy had rubbing problems and had to put the stock spring back in.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If you are eventually going to the Sumo-x 250 tire kit, it may not work. Billy had rubbing problems and had to put the stock spring back in.
Yes this is true I think the problem is the combo of both being the sumo kit with new fender and struts might sit at a lower angle than the stock frame and fender . Just lowering the ass end makes a big difference in the look of the fury .

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have this. I had to eventually get the fork extensions so my pipe rubbing was minimal. I think Morton Infernos are the only ons that have this issue though.

Bottom line.. Looks better, supposedly rides better (I dont notice anything). I would do it over again if I had the chance.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Looks better, rides better, easy to swap out (watch the video, as stated earlier) ... you won't be disappointed.

I put the spring and the seat as the two best functional alterations to make before any other on this bike.

As for pipes scraping ... I get it once in a blue moon. But, some of these guys lean heavily to the right.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Putting the L&M Lowering Spring on will greatly add to the line of the bike. Really a mod worth getting.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Really! That's scary cause our spring doesn't change the bottoming out of the shock, so even if you have the stock spring your going to bottom out on the fender at high speeds. Scary stuff! Richard you have the Sumo air ride compressor. Will the bike roll when you compress the shock?
LM

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Really! That's scary cause our spring doesn't change the bottoming out of the shock, so even if you have the stock spring your going to bottom out on the fender at high speeds. Scary stuff! Richard you have the Sumo air ride compressor. Will the bike roll when you compress the shock?
LM
My fender sits only 1" from the tire with lowering spring. The tire hits fender before shock bottoms out with ALS I also have this set up . I don't believe Kurt fabricated his sumo x fat tire kit with any lowered or modified shock . Honestly I wish I could have made this work .

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm sure this is not a big deal, Kurt at Sumo knows what he's doing, they make excellent products. Just curious if any of you get tire rubbing at high speeds over big bumps? The shock should stop the tire from hitting the fender during bottoming out. If it does not then we would not suggest the Lowered Spring we offer.
LM

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I'm sure this is not a big deal, Kurt at Sumo knows what he's doing, they make excellent products. Just curious if any of you get tire rubbing at high speeds over big bumps? The shock should stop the tire from hitting the fender during bottoming out. If it does not then we would not suggest the Lowered Spring we offer.
LM
Kurt is great and very knowledgeable ... I think from my opinion that the strut angle is set at a lower angle than the stock sub-frame. If you check out one of my threads on shock ??? There is a video of a white fury with the sumo kit and it was definitely lowered most likely with L&M spring then in a more recent video of the same bike it looked as if the lowering spring was taken out because there was more gap between the fender and tire . With the custom LED tail lights I am doing I would be left with only 3/4" of gap .

·
Registered
68 Posts
LM
I already have the L&M lowering kit, I will be doing the Sumo-x 250 next week. I will let you know if there is any rubbing issues.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I already have the L&M lowering kit, I will be doing the Sumo-x 250 next week. I will let you know if there is any rubbing issues.
There is dude Kurt and Jeff have already went over this with me and told me to go back to stock before there are any further issues. Like I said I wish I could have made this combo work.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
When the compressor brings the bike down, the fender is sitting on the tire and would rub if I tried to ride it that way. As we know, this is only for parked situations.
as you can confirm we had a brief talk on this issue and all though the look of a lowering spring and the fury is phenomenal I don't think it feasible with the combo of the two . This thread was not started on this subject so let's not hijack it . We can go back to the thread I started . I wish or hope we could come down to the bottom of this because if I could run a lowering I would but at this point I can't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts