Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe this has been beat to death, but my Fury has only 200kms and the riding angle or whatever is causing my lumbalgia.Did anybody experienced this with the Fury and found a solution?I guess it's the seat but I don't want to spend 500€ or more and still with the same problem.:[email protected]:

What is the most comfortable solo seat for the Fury?Mustang?

BTW my height is 175cm(5.74 feet)

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Maybe this has been beat to death, but my Fury has only 200kms and the riding angle or whatever is causing my lumbalgia.Did anybody experienced this with the Fury and found a solution?I guess it's the seat but I don't want to spend 500€ or more and still with the same problem.:[email protected]:

What is the most comfortable solo seat for the Fury?Mustang?

BTW my height is 175cm(5.74 feet)

Besides the seat replacement, you may also want to consider handlebar risers if you don't already have them. They bring the bars up and back so you don't have to lean forward as much.

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
The stock seat is a piece of junk. Anything is better than that.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Like Bill said, anything's better than that junky stock seat, but the C&C is a good choice that's made many people's journeys longer and more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
I have the c&c seat and sometimes feel back ache after riding.
I have now decided to get cannela risers as the riding position will will raise and pull back to the rider, then no overstretch :wink:

Reactions: Jose

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have now decided to get cannela risers as the riding position will will raise and pull back to the rider, then no overstretch :wink:
Bought the mustang after the first week of ownership (life is good). Last season installed cannela risers (life is perfect). If I could find an athletic woman with over sized................. :kiss:

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Bad Back

I have a bad back.I am 6'feet tall with 32" inseam and 35" sleeve.
My Back problem was solved by:
1)C & C seat;
2)Cannella risers;
3)Accutronix 3" forward controls.:

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
My mods for comfort are as follows
1) cannella risers (huge difference to back strain and is a must do)
2) Supreme Legends +3" forwards
3) C&C seat

If funds are low then go for the Cannella risers and do Gar's forward mod to gain an extra 2 1/2" for the cost of chrome.

·
Registered
818 Posts
1. Handle bar risers that give you more pull back.
2. A better seat that has lumbar support.
3. The one no one likes, build up your core muscle strength so that you sit in an upright position using your core muscles, and not slumped with a hunchback curve in your back and shoulders.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought the mustang after the first week of ownership (life is good). Last season installed cannela risers (life is perfect). If I could find an athletic woman with over sized................. :kiss:
I have a bad back.I am 6'feet tall with 32" inseam and 35" sleeve.
My Back problem was solved by:
1)C & C seat;
2)Cannella risers;
3)Accutronix 3" forward controls.:
What are cannella risers and where I can Buy them?Are they easy to install?You guys in the USA are lucky, you have zillions of parts to choose from.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. Handle bar risers that give you more pull back.
2. A better seat that has lumbar support.
3. The one no one likes, build up your core muscle strength so that you sit in an upright position using your core muscles, and not slumped with a hunchback curve in your back and shoulders.
Which solo seat has lumbar support?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My mods for comfort are as follows
1) cannella risers (huge difference to back strain and is a must do)
2) Supreme Legends +3" forwards
3) C&C seat

If funds are low then go for the Cannella risers and do Gar's forward mod to gain an extra 2 1/2" for the cost of chrome.
What are Supreme Legends +3" forwards and where I can Buy them?Sorry, english isn't my native language and I am not a motorcycle expert either lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also would say make sure you stretch your hamstrings out before and after you ride. sounds silly but the back of your leg muscles are connected to your lower back muscles and its "usually" the cause.

good luck
Not silly at all.Thanks for the good advice.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
What are Supreme Legends +3" forwards and where I can Buy them?Sorry, english isn't my native language and I am not a motorcycle expert either lol
Supreme Legends USA | Forward Controls and Aftermarket Accessories | Harley Davidson and Metric Cruisers
speak to Bill

Cannella risers now available only from Mean Cycles
http://www.meancycles.com/store/sea...21&rows=20&orderby=1&q=cannella custom cycles

C&C Motorcycle Seats
speak to Chuck

I'm in Australia and have had all the above shipped to me, although I did get my C&C seat through Ginz Choppers as they had a much better price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Supreme Legends USA | Forward Controls and Aftermarket Accessories | Harley Davidson and Metric Cruisers
speak to Bill

Cannella risers now available only from Mean Cycles
http://www.meancycles.com/store/sea...21&rows=20&orderby=1&q=cannella custom cycles

C&C Motorcycle Seats
speak to Chuck

I'm in Australia and have had all the above shipped to me, although I did get my C&C seat through Ginz Choppers as they had a much better price.
Thanks macxpert.

I've just pulled the trigger and ordered one of these Mustang seats with backrest trough ebay:

Wide Vintage Touring Solo w/Backrest - Honda Fury 79628 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats

Fury isn't a cheap motorcycle here in Europe, it's a shame that it has such a crappy seat.I hope it solves the problem because in this seat I feel "loose".If not, I'd try with the risers as well, and if the problem is still there...:crying:

It will take at least one or two weeks to arrive here.I'll let you know how it feels then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts