Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
:confused: Does anyone know how to change to the l&m spring without the tool they use? I'm stuck.
There several ways including 2 Clamps, (Pipe) I saw sombody posted a picture of this method be carful whenever you compress somthing and it gets away from you It can be fatal (Safety glasses and maybe your helmet LOL)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think who ever used the pipe clamps was using the 'tool' from L & M as well. They were just using the pipe clamps instead of a shop press.

Suvettez, if nothing else head to a plumbing store, or Home Depot, Lowes etc and get a piece of gas pipe in the needed diameter (sec while i run out to the shed and measure the damn thing)....

Looks like 2 13/16 O.D. 2 5/8 I.D. Bout 4" tall with a notch in the bottom 1 3/16 high and about 2 1/4 wide to the O.D.

just a 'notch' or 'window' so you can get to the retaining clip about 1/4 diameter of the pipe.

The L&M unit is aluminum, so if you can find aluminum pipe about that size it will be a lot eaiser to work with.

Or you can haul ass up to my house and get mine....but i'm leaving on vacation fri night...so time is short.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
please use the proper tool, i am known for doing the crazy crap to get by, but springs are very very dangerous when compressed and if homemade tools fail, you can get hurt....want to see scars??.. your local rental store may have the compressor you can rent... spend a few bucks that way please

MFR

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
this spring lowers the frame of the bike? i like the look but i already scrape the end of my cobra slashdowns on some turns... seems like that will make it worse

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
this spring lowers the frame of the bike? i like the look but i already scrape the end of my cobra slashdowns on some turns... seems like that will make it worse
I installed the L&M spring (Have Cobra Pipes also) Installed the 3" extenders No trees Have not scraped pipes yet and ride almost exclusively in mountains, Before the extenders ....:eek:..yikes.. they raise the bike perfect and it handles awsome.......:D

P.S.
The hijack has started.........LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice guys. Im gunna bring it to a local shop Tomorrow to see if they can do it for me. If not i will take one of u guys up on the offerto borrow the tool. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
yeah i only scrap the rear tip when the old lady is on the bike also. im 260 and shes 115.... i think we are pushing the limits

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
yeah i only scrap the rear tip when the old lady is on the bike also. im 260 and shes 115.... i think we are pushing the limits
Have you tried a shock preload adjustment??

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This is my only concern with the L&M shock VS. the T-mod. Im sure the with the T-mod I wont scrape anymore that I do now. But with the shock I am sure to scrape even more. I do ride aggressively on turns so this may be a problem for me. I do ride solo most of the times when I go riding. I have the pre-load set half way.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I dont have the L&M lowering spring but i do have the shock mod and the T-mod which lowers the bike more than the L&M spring does spring. I have my pre-load at halfway and have only drug my pipes twice and almost all of my riding is two up. Have not drug my pipes when riding solo,and i lean really hard in corners.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So i walked into a repair shop a few blocks from my work and told them what i was lookin to do. He said no problem pick it up around noon. I go back at noon and he asked what bike this was for I told him the Fury. He said very excided "really? You have one of those?!" we talked about the bike and he said he had to cut a pipe to do it (almost exactly like the lm tool) he told me hed cut me a deal. If i bring the fury in for him to look at he wouldnt charge me for mounting the spring. Sounds good to me.

Again thanks to everyone who offered advice. And thanks to the guys who offered me the tool. Also thanks clueless for sellin me the spring.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
So i walked into a repair shop a few blocks from my work and told them what i was lookin to do. He said no problem pick it up around noon. I go back at noon and he asked what bike this was for I told him the Fury. He said very excided "really? You have one of those?!" we talked about the bike and he said he had to cut a pipe to do it (almost exactly like the lm tool) he told me hed cut me a deal. If i bring the fury in for him to look at he wouldnt charge me for mounting the spring. Sounds good to me.

Again thanks to everyone who offered advice. And thanks to the guys who offered me the tool. Also thanks clueless for sellin me the spring.
its funny how things workout sometimes :)

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts

Glad it worked out for you, hope you like it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts