things to take into consideration

weight of you and or passenger
exhaust you are or are wanting to run
how aggressive you ride.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I had MFR shave my spring. I like the way it looks and how it sits lower. I did scrape my exhaust the otherday when I got on it a little to much taking a curve.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I still don't understand why ya'll want to lower your bikes more than they are......I scrape more than I want to and bottom out as well....even if I lowered my bike a half inch, it would be a lot worse.....you must have smooth flat roads where you live......:confused::confused:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I still don't understand why ya'll want to lower your bikes more than they are......I scrape more than I want to and bottom out as well....even if I lowered my bike a half inch, it would be a lot worse.....you must have smooth flat roads where you live......:confused::confused:
Quoted For the truth!
Plus I'm heavy so I compress the spring myself

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
air ride. either sumo als or platinum air. search at the top for air ride. this way you can be high as a kite when u want to and low and slow other times.
Too expensive for my means........suspect that leakage might occur at onset or later and that would mean more headache and bucks for me.....appreciate the heads up though. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
things to take into consideration

how aggressive you ride.

It's fine, all you have to do is raise up the shock when you have more weight on the ride... old fact...:rolleyes:

If you get cobra's, get the 3" extensions and you'll be fine... Morton's, again... 3" extensions... Samson's, work fine... Most of MFR pipes, work fine...

how aggressive you ride

This goes back to the pipes, if you already scrap with your pipes normally, then you'll scrap with the lowering spring, if not... again, suggestions above should work for the extra 99$ you pay for the extension.

I mountain rode a lot before I even got the tree's and extensions on, didn't scrap ... but I think you're running cobra's? Even so, the above measures should help with the 3" extensions added onto the ride.

Take a chill pill guys, we only live once...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Do you scrape your frame or your pipes or foot controls ? When I lowered my bike I would scrape the shit out of my frame now I am back to stock and am so much happier .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't mind the ride the way it is just don't like the fender so far from the tirer. Kinda the dirt bike look . imo.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ok not too sound like an idiot . What is a tmod
Its Mod to the sub frame of the bike that sets the fender to a lower angle to the ground making the bike look as if its lowered . Basically a do it yourself MOD if You know how to weld . MFR please chime in ...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts