Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my bike about an inch but am not sure how. There are the simple solutions for the rear end, L&M Shock or MFR Shock Mod, but there are no solutions I have found for the front end. My goal is to lower the bike an inch and keep it level, front and rear. Maintaining the bike's current level will maintain the trail of the front end and maintain the look I am working for on the bike. I have seen options for Harleys, a shortened front fork tube spring, but nothing for our bikes.

My thought is to cut the springs off about an inch. I wanted to get some tech opinions from you guys, especially those of you who are bike techs on this and whether or not it will even work. Pros, cons, impact to front suspension. My initial concern is that is will obviously reduce the travel of the front suspension and possibly cause it to bottom out.

What be be even better is if any of you techs have access to the specifications of the actual front springs (size, length, tension, etc) so I can possibly find an aftermarket option. The ideal solution would be a slightly shorter spring with a slightly higher tension to compensate for the reduced length.

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

http://cdn.cheapcycleparts.com/images/HO/14MFRA01/MFR4F0800A.png

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I want to lower my bike about an inch but am not sure how. There are the simple solutions for the rear end, L&M Shock or MFR Shock Mod, but there are no solutions I have found for the front end. My goal is to lower the bike an inch and keep it level...........
Path-of-least-resistance would be to raise the fork-tubes in the triple-clamps about an inch, evenly on each side of course. FWIW.................

Cheers

·
Registered
193 Posts
Check out Progressive fork springs. For other metrics they have lowering springs, their website doesn't list the Fury, but I suggest you call them and discuss your need with them and see what they have to say - maybe a product in the works.
Progressive makes great products

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Clintster442;87014 My initial concern is that is will obviously reduce the travel of the front suspension and possibly cause it to bottom out. [/QUOTE said:
I really don't want to jack the thread, but I still don't get why anyone wants to lower the bike more?????? I bottom out as it is now. Our roads aren't exactly smooth where I live (I think Stickman and Sick can attest to that).....I have my bell mounted on the lowest part of the bike that I can, and it hits frequently. I just don't get it......??????

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't want to jack the thread, but I still don't get why anyone wants to lower the bike more?????? I bottom out as it is now. Our roads aren't exactly smooth where I live (I think Stickman and Sick can attest to that).....I have my bell mounted on the lowest part of the bike that I can, and it hits frequently. I just don't get it......??????
I get where your coming from man. I have to say though that I have never bottomed the bike out before. I live in North Dallas and most everything is new round here so the roads are in great shape. Even when I head out of town though, I still have never had an issue with bottoming out, only catching my heels on tight turns which my forwards will fix. I want the bike to be Low and Mean... hey I should be a spokesman.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Path-of-least-resistance would be to raise the fork-tubes in the triple-clamps about an inch, evenly on each side of course. FWIW.................

Cheers
I thought about that. I haven't had my forks apart yet, is the only thing holding the tubes in place the tension bolts on the trees? If I move the forks up, is there any concern of them slipping or moving from where I set them?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I really don't want to jack the thread, but I still don't get why anyone wants to lower the bike more?????? I bottom out as it is now. I just don't get it......??????
I'm with you on this one, W/H; I've already got all the paint scraped-off my bottom frame-rails, and I'm still running stock height on my suspension! A lowered frame, for me, could really be catastrophic. FWIW...............

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
The 8* triple trees with out fork extenders will lower you bike some. Or go off the deep end with me and a few others and go MuthaFockinRakin

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 8* triple trees with out fork extenders will lower you bike some. Or go off the deep end with me and a few others and go MuthaFockinRakin
The 8° without extenders cuts the trail to 2.12" with stock rear height and 2.88" with 1" lowered rear suspension. Just ain't comfortable with that small of a trail.

Now your MFR Rake actually increases the trail depending on the cut but I'm not quite mentally ready to chop up my frame quite yet.

I think I will have to start with something a little less... invasive. Namely, something I can undo if I f*ck it up.

Although, a new frame assembly is only $1,630.43... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
The 8° without extenders cuts the trail to 2.12" with stock rear height and 2.88" with 1" lowered rear suspension. Just ain't comfortable with that small of a trail.

Now your MFR Rake actually increases the trail depending on the cut but I'm not quite mentally ready to chop up my frame quite yet.

I think I will have to start with something a little less... invasive. Namely, something I can undo if I f*ck it up.

Although, a new frame assembly is only $1,630.43... ;)
Now Mr math wiz do the math with 8* trees and the MFR and 2" fork ext. you will be pleasantly surprised

1 - 15 of 15 Posts