Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on here a long time ago when I first got my Fury about someone drilling a hole just above where the bottom mount shock hole is to lower the bike 1.5" Has anyone else done this or do you guys have a link to the old thread? I've tried the search and still can't find it.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
send pm to MYFURYRIDE he can tell you about it.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Clueless has the spring for sale $ 100.00 I would go that way before drilling and cutting your bike ...:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone tell me with the bike lowered 1.5", has it ever bottomed out on anyone? Im worried it will bottom out when i have my wife on back and i hit a big bump going down the highway, wouldnt turn out too good ya know. Im abouth 180lbs. and shes about 130lbs.

·
Registered
324 Posts
the first time i rode it my spring was set all the way down, i scraped the frame coming out of my driveway and scraped the pipe on medium right turns. when i set it on medium heighth i only scrape bottom and pipe when im not paying attention. on high setting i have no problem at all. i weigh 180

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Can anyone tell me with the bike lowered 1.5", has it ever bottomed out on anyone? Im worried it will bottom out when i have my wife on back and i hit a big bump going down the highway, wouldnt turn out too good ya know. Im abouth 180lbs. and shes about 130lbs.
Im 215 the wife is in the 100 pound range. Have yet to bottom out riding 2 up. My shock is set about midway.

·
Registered
759 Posts
What is the height range between the lowest and highest settings on the stock shock?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I had a very bad experience with the shock mod. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My swingarm mounting hole split in half and the shock ripped into my rear tire. I needed a new swingarm and rear tire. It may have been because of the nice potholes of NYC or just a fluke but be careful!

·
Registered
110 Posts
We cut the rear frame that held the fender. Shortened the fender about 3 inches and lowered the rear fender about 2 inches and forward 2.
I'm 125 she's 130. Alone I don't bottom. Together over bumps we do. Yesterday we really hit it hard on a set of tracks and cut the rear tire about an inch. Aftermarket stop lamp bolt. Even shaved it got the tire just enough. Got a flat. I'm gonna replace with a 240 40 18 and weld a steel rod 1 inch by two inches long inside the fender support to not bottom out again. I'll send some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I worked on the spring last week, got it done by a chopper shop and they did a good job.
Just grind 1/8 of an inch per side and it gives you roughly about 1.5 as a result.

The guy who did it said it is pretty safe because the spring is very robust and it if you keep it cool while grinding then is ok.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
110 Posts
CORRECTION TO MY LAST POST. We did bottom out a little, but we didn't blow the tire that way. When we removed the tire, we found a utility knife blade inside!
Apparently about ten mins into riding we must have hit the blade in a crack, or the front tire hit it and stood it up! Here's the new tire with the shock adjusted hard with a heavy preload. ImageUploadedByMO Free1351872552.211423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone removed the spring and put some 1/4" plates in to drop to rigid? I did that to my V-Star. It cost me some comfort, but it looked mean as Hell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts