Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
I ordered a Ginz bar 4 mths ago. Only heard from them the once & that was because I asked. Still no idea when it will be made or sent

Just saying in case anyone is thinking of ordering
They are all made by hand one at a time. I had to wait quite a while to get mine. Call and make sure you speak to Gin direct. I have always found them to be straight up.

· Registered
270 Posts
They are all made by hand one at a time. I had to wait quite a while to get mine. Call and make sure you speak to Gin direct. I have always found them to be straight up.
Ta mate. I don’t really mind that much as long as it’s coming & I can only imagine they are swamped as it’s not exactly silicon chips they are making - still a long wait is better than shitty chroming. Hell we are waiting 9-12 mths for a car these days. It can be a bit deafening not hearing anything though

· Registered
771 Posts
Ta mate. I don’t really mind that much as long as it’s coming & I can only imagine they are swamped as it’s not exactly silicon chips they are making - still a long wait is better than shitty chroming. Hell we are waiting 9-12 mths for a car these days. It can be a bit deafening not hearing anything though
The check is in the mail!

· Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
I ended up getting a sissy bar from Tallon Billets, looks cool and I can strap a bag to it
Seems like quite good value for US $249.
Only complaint I have is that you need to drill holes in the fender to mount it and you are forced to have the pillion pad on to hide the holes.
Bicycle part Chair Wood Bicycle fork Metal

· Registered
270 Posts
I always go with chrome but even I have to admit that the black bar works on your bike due to the black frame and wheels. Now if your bike was all black then it would have to be chrome otherwise it would just disappear.
I love that black & my frame is black yet I went chrome as I strap crap to my bikes & I would eventually scratch the black with an occy strap or something

· Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
I love that black & my frame is black yet I went chrome as I strap crap to my bikes & I would eventually scratch the black with an occy strap or something
Well you can never have too much chrome. I chromed everything other than the frame, tank and fenders.
Yeah chrome is more scratch resistant compared to paint. Not sure about powder coating, it may be tougher than regular paint.

· Administrator
4,369 Posts
Well you can never have too much chrome. I chromed everything other than the frame, tank and fenders.
Yeah chrome is more scratch resistant compared to paint. Not sure about powder coating, it may be tougher than regular paint.
I'm not a painter, with that disclaimer I think the order in very general terms is:
Soft Powder
Soft Paint
Hard Powder
Hard Paint
2-Part Epoxy Paint
Chrome

For instance, some Nissan sports cars have paint (clear coat) that can be scratched with a fingernail (with effort), making scratches buff out easily. The Fury has hard, scratch resistant paint that can take quite a bit of abuse and still look new.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts