Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 06 VTX 1800f to my local dealer saturday morning for state inspection, while waiting I walked thru the show room 1st. mistake. There it was a Black Fury. Salesman said "Want to take one for a test ride", Sure why not 2nd. mistake. Now i'm a Fury owner. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
mistake ???? :)

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Took my 06 VTX 1800f to my local dealer saturday morning for state inspection, while waiting I walked thru the show room 1st. mistake. There it was a Black Fury. Salesman said "Want to take one for a test ride", Sure why not 2nd. mistake. Now i'm a Fury owner. :D
Congratulations !!
No you just have make a long list of the mods you want to get... :D
T

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's how it works with the Fury. You see it and it just grabs you and won't let go. Then you buy it and it still doesn't end. You have to change it and make it your own. It becomes an addiction, but a healthy one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome aboard! DId the 1800 stay with the dealer - or is the Fury a new stable mate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 1800 stayed with the dealer. Not enough room in the garage for another bike.
There are 5 members in our family and 6 Honda's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would you mind writing up a brief comparison/contrast of the VTX-1800 and your new Fury VT1300CX before you forget any other motorcycle ever existed :confused:
The 1800 is a awesome bike, lots of power it
would just slid your butt back in the seat when you cranked on it. The Fury's
a much better ride and more comfort. I'm impressed with fuel injected 1300, we had a couple of the carbed 1300's and they were OK, but the FI is much
quicker and smoother.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
The 1800 is a awesome bike, lots of power it would just slid your butt back in the seat when you cranked on it. The Fury's a much better ride and more comfort. I'm impressed with fuel injected 1300, we had a couple of the carbed 1300's and they were OK, but the FI is much quicker and smoother.
Thanks OldMan. High praise indeed! Do you miss the power or anything else for that matter. Cheers, Señor Gar

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome. I spent 4 hours at the dealer looking at and riding one. Put a deposit on the one they had on order before I left.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome. I spent 4 hours at the dealer looking at and riding one. Put a deposit on the one they had on order before I left.
Wish I could have done that with my local dealer. I Had to go to St Augustine, Fla from Savannah, Ga, 360 mile round trip, to get a 30 minute test ride. I turned it into a weekend excursion with the wife and bought it there, too. Worked delivery into the sale. I also went to Charleston where I got to ride one for about a half a mile, they were dopes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks OldMan. High praise indeed! Do you miss the power or anything else for that matter. Cheers, Señor Gar
The only time I'm going to miss the power is when I'm messing around with my H/D buddies. I wonder how long before someone drops the 1800 in a Fury

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm sure you won't have any trouble smoking the HD crowd. They are big and loud but not all that much horsepower.

Now if flying on a four lane, many of the HD's have a sixth gear that helps alot. This may be an issue but that's about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm sure you won't have any trouble smoking the HD crowd. They are big and loud but not all that much horsepower.

Now if flying on a four lane, many of the HD's have a sixth gear that helps alot. This may be an issue but that's about it.
I'm not going to push the HD guys to much this year, maybe in the spring after I have all the mod's done over the winter. I'll let them have some fun the rest of the summer and fall.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.