Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Welcome aboard. Give the forum a once over. Most everything you want to know about the bike has been covered! Pick yourself up a manual as well.

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
219 Posts
Anything I need to keep my eye on?
Welcome from Idaho! Keep your eye on:
  • ...the break-in instructions.
  • ...the odometer, to ensure timely break-in maintenance at 600 mi.
  • ...the road.
  • ...the texting cagers to whom you are invisible, and all of whom are out to get you.
  • ...the schedule for local riding courses.
  • ...good deals on safety equipment. ATGATT
  • ...this forum for good ideas and advice.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Check out this page, you might want to participate. Have fun and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Fury
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd sign up to this after going out and buying a brand new fury which is being delivered tomorrow.

Anything I need to keep my eye
Welcome aboard. Give the forum a once over. Most everything you want to know about the bike has been covered! Pick yourself up a manual as well.
The bike's nice right out of the crate...enjoy it for a bit as-is. There's plenty of aftermarket mods available to customize it to your liking. Welcome from Gainesville, Florida, mate.
Thanks for the info mate much appreciated 👍

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome! Does anyone know if Honda is putting a more powerful battery in the newer bikes? If not, the stock battery at only 230 CCA is too wimpy and will give you the dreaded hot engine restart issue whereby the bike won't restart after the engine heats up. I would highly recommend replacing the battery with a good quality Lithium battery.

Here's a link to the issue and thanks to @Kbuskill for finding the solution to the problem! I bought the EarthX ETX36C, pricey, but it's worth every cent. No more hot engine restart problems.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Fury
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome! Does anyone know if Honda is putting a more powerful battery in the newer bikes? If not, the stock battery at only 230 CCA is too wimpy and will give you the dreaded hot engine restart issue whereby the bike won't restart after the engine heats up. I would highly recommend replacing the battery with a good quality Lithium battery.

Here's a link to the issue and thanks to @Kbuskill for finding the solution to the problem! I bought the EarthX ETX36C, pricey, but it's worth every cent. No more hot engine restart problems.

I'll check this out this week thanks for info mate much appreciated 👍

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ride like your invisible and don't pass too many service stations when you're on long trips :)

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Welcome aboard! Yeah, there's good advice here. Don't feel bad if the seat gets to you, many of us ended up changing the stock seat. Also, if you are longing for a 6th gear, we all feel it too.

We have a google map of the Fury Nation, you can see it from the link above my signature picture. We are filling it with willing members, ride locations, hangouts, routes, etc. If you WANT, we can add you on there as well, just need a zip code (no addresses on the web!), and we can get it done. If you don't want on there that's fine too, check it out and see if anyone is nearby!

Watch out on the roads, you can't trust anyone, and it gets worse every year. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Fury
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard! Yeah, there's good advice here. Don't feel bad if the seat gets to you, many of us ended up changing the stock seat. Also, if you are longing for a 6th gear, we all feel it too.

We have a google map of the Fury Nation, you can see it from the link above my signature picture. We are filling it with willing members, ride locations, hangouts, routes, etc. If you WANT, we can add you on there as well, just need a zip code (no addresses on the web!), and we can get it done. If you don't want on there that's fine too, check it out and see if anyone is nearby!

Watch out on the roads, you can't trust anyone, and it gets worse every year. Enjoy!
Thanks for the advice mate.... I've already dealt with the seat issue😂😂ill post some pics over the weekend when I get a minute.
Thanks for replying back, can't wait for the better weather to get her out there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey mate, welcome to the club. I got mine new in 2015, best advice I can give you is as follows:

1. Ride it before you change it.
2. Harden the rear shock up - those roads round Warrington are going to cause you to bottom out on bends and smack the frame rails - trust me on this.
3. If you do go for custom exhaust (which you will!), watch out for two things - grounding on right handers and the little recessed allen bolt sitting in the swing arm just in front of the rear spindle. If you cover that with the exhaust it may mean you have to take the exhaust off to get the back wheel off....

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Fury
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey mate, welcome to the club. I got mine new in 2015, best advice I can give you is as follows:

1. Ride it before you change it.
2. Harden the rear shock up - those roads round Warrington are going to cause you to bottom out on bends and smack the frame rails - trust me on this.
3. If you do go for custom exhaust (which you will!), watch out for two things - grounding on right handers and the little recessed allen bolt sitting in the swing arm just in front of the rear spindle. If you cover that with the exhaust it may mean you have to take the exhaust off to get the back wheel off....
Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated 👍😎

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Welcome from Denver. Every time I see this thread title I think to myself 'What kind of idiot is jumping on his Fury?'...

Reactions: Nipper
1 - 20 of 20 Posts