Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 weeks I finally got the time to start changing things on the bike. Few days back I did swap the OEM yellow lens covers for the Kuryakyn chrome bezels. On the menu today, a LED bulb for the headlight and a speedometer faceplate from Bad Boys.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Not to be a downer, but if you dropped a LED bulb in the stock housing, go back to halogen, or put in a projector style headlight...LED in a reflector housing will throw unwanted light into oncoming traffic eyes. It will be brighter, but not in a good way. You want to be seen, but you don't want your traffic to have to look away.

I've done a lot of projector retrofits and bulb comparisons. Cutoff is very important. For your safety and oncoming vehicles

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be a downer, but if you dropped a LED bulb in the stock housing, go back to halogen, or put in a projector style headlight...LED in a reflector housing will throw unwanted light into oncoming traffic eyes. It will be brighter, but not in a good way. You want to be seen, but you don't want your traffic to have to look away.

I've done a lot of projector retrofits and bulb comparisons. Cutoff is very important. For your safety and oncoming vehicles
Thanks for the information. I was planning on aiming the headlight at the ground for this reason. I also never ride at night, well I will not say never but we live 20 miles from any city and I have no desire to be out there with all the nocturnal animals that have the one goal to become the nightly pavement sacrifice. I still have the halogen bulb so I can put it back in, thanks again. btw.. which projector style headlight is a good option.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
There's a few Harley Daymaker LED projector "knockoffs" that are inexpensive, have good cutoff, and are easy to put in our buckets with minimal modification

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another day for changes. Installed the Canella Risers mostly for comfort. Installed LED switchback turn signals because I like the white running lights. Removed the pair valve because the FSD exhaust will soon go on and my old self can't handle the popping on deceleration.

Reactions: Gizmo and boatwire

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are you liking what the riser did for the handlebar? Let's see a side view pic. I'm thinking of extending it w/the 3" deep sockets (black impact metric) posted on here last week.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you liking what the riser did for the handlebar? Let's see a side view pic. I'm thinking of extending it w/the 3" deep sockets (black impact metric) posted on here last week.
They are a must for me. Had them on my first Fury. Raises grips approximately 2" and brings them closer approximately 1". Doesn't sound like much but a extra inch or so in the right place makes a big improvement! ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Doesn't sound like much but a extra inch or so in the right place makes a big improvement! ;)
Like what you have done to the bike and like boatwire I have been curious what the canellas looked like from the side. Thanks for that great shot. No offense but to me (and I'm sure its the OCD in me) it gives a odd angle to the bars where they mount together.

I'm thinking of extending it w/the 3" deep sockets (black impact metric) posted on here last week.
Boatwire, if you do go with the socket mod I would recommend painting them after fitting them. The black oxide will eventually rust unless you maintain them.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No offense but to me (and I'm sure its the OCD in me) it gives a odd angle to the bars where they mount together.
No offense taken, it does give it a odd angle. You don't notice it just standing around looking at the bike, but if you get on a even level with it from the side you think something is just not right. At the end of the day comfort overcomes this minor visual aspect, at least it does for me!

Reactions: boatwire

·
Registered
269 Posts
They are a must for me. Had them on my first Fury. Raises grips approximately 2" and brings them closer approximately 1". Doesn't sound like much but a extra inch or so in the right place makes a big improvement! ;)
👍 Down the road I intend to tweak the chopper look a bit w/the 8° triple tree and fork extensions. The pics of the 8° tree are telling me it will aim the bars back towards me and drop the angle of the bars. I see your extension maintains the original angle while bringing the bar up and back. I think those deep socket extenders are pretty trick. I'm going to try them first and check the handling and how it alters my riding posture/comfort level. I respect Honda engineering and don't want to push it too far...just some safe comfortable tweaking. The thing I like about mechanical "chops"/mods is they're revertible and/or adjustable! Did you do that bad to the bone ghost job yourself? 🔥💀🔥

·
Registered
269 Posts
Boatwire, if you do go with the socket mod I would recommend painting them after fitting them. The black oxide will eventually rust unless you maintain them.
👍 Figured satin black paint or powder-coat would be necessary. Don't want chrome spacers on my black bars.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you do that bad to the bone ghost job yourself? 🔥💀🔥
No, it was done before I purchased bike. That and the chrome wheels was why I drove 7 hours to buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today's project, remove all those ridiculous stickers and the 2 remaining reflectors on the rear fender. Dang my thumbs are sore 😖

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today was the day to finally put on what inspired me to buy another Fury. FSD exhaust, they have the look and the sound I wanted. Can't wipe the smile off my face . 😁

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
92 Posts
Today was the day to finally put on what inspired me to buy another Fury. FSD exhaust, they have the look and the sound I wanted. Can't wipe the smile off my face . 😁 View attachment 237821
Sounds badass don't it.😎 can't stop doing full throttle rips in traffic😁

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds badass don't it.😎 can't stop doing full throttle rips in traffic😁
They sound better than I expected. Will definitely be able to get someone's attention 😃

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had my first "is that a Harley" comment for this version of my Fury. Fired bike up and as I was pulling away he was still standing in the parking lot watching. I love it 😎

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done a couple mods this weekend, one simple and one a little more in depth. First up I painted the kickstand black, thought it would look better than the grey oem look. Turned out good enough.
Next up was to install the L&M lowering spring. Not having a shop press I got creative with a floor jack and was able to compress the springs enough to remove the oem and install the L&M. Ride was good and looks better than factory set up, mission accomplished!

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
92 Posts
Classic Black & Chrome beautiful🤩. Enjoy that exhaust, good choice(y)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts