Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I literally made a bag of microwave popcorn and sat down to watch the videos...

That's a really sweet hollow sound you have when heard from behind.

You do seem to have popping on decel, might look into PAIR removal and Holy Grail ECU remap. I had a bit of popping on decel. and those things helped, although I never really got rid of it. Can also check for exhaust leaks...
Popcorn and a pop, I like it. I have done the pair valve which removed 90% of the popping. In the video I was aggressively downshifting to make it pop just to get a video of it. Holy Grail will be done after I modify air box and install a K&N filter.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
This weekend's mods, the L&M rear wheel polished disc and Kuryakyn Spike pegs. Polishing brake disc is a little more time consuming than I expected.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just another obligatory pic of the bike as it is at sunset today. Still excited about having my Fury!

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
124 Posts
Lookin good. Still enjoying that exhaust? I think the sound gives the bike have a voice.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Lookin good. Still enjoying that exhaust? I think the sound gives the bike have a voice.
Love the pipes! I have had several people ask are they loud so I ask you want to hear, no one has declined yet. Fire it up and blip the throttle, they definitely speak for themselves! That just brings more attention to the bike, which is one of the many things about the Fury that makes me happy. Another perk of the sound they produce is when you accelerate into the higher rpm range while shifting they will tickle your eardrums. Surprisingly at cruising speed they have a nice mellow tone, so it's nice to have the best of both worlds. They can be angry or chill, whatever you want.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks for the videos, made my day!
There will be one more video, just got to get on a longer straightaway so I can stay in it. Going to let them revs tickle my ears. 😁

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
This weekend's mods. Highway Hawk Razorblade Chrome Mirrors and Spike Toe Pegs to match foot pegs.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
While waiting on the rain from Delta to pass I got to install my side mount license plate.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
124 Posts
Cool, "Swimming Sperm". 🤣😂🤣

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Cool, "Swimming Sperm". 🤣😂🤣
I will now use this comment every chance I get. I am going to put a mirror behind it to make it more visual.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre / Fury hybrid
124 Posts
LMFAO, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I just saw it that way and had to comment. Your a good sport there
FURY-S1. 😉
Be safe brother👍

·
Registered
230 Posts
While waiting on the rain from Delta to pass I got to install my side mount license plate. View attachment 238471
I like it .. I have a tattoo kind of like it..( flame half sleeve) and someone I knew said it looked like moose tracks.. I seen his brother 3 days later saying "he could'nt believe a moose broke his brothers jaw".. so i laughed a little and asked him again and he said "my brother said he got run over by a moose and it broke his jaw"... .. anyway I love it will look great with mirrior

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Todays mod. Seat work and gator print inserts.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Todays mod. Seat work and gator print inserts.
So, you mentioned you got the foam trimmed. Did they add any other/replace padding before installing the new cover? I'm doing some investigating into custom motorcycle seat manufacturing to see how I can improve the long-range butt comfort of the OEM seat(s). One company uses layers/inserts of different foam densities in their seats claiming a better comfort level.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So, you mentioned you got the foam trimmed. Did they add any other/replace padding before installing the new cover? I'm doing some investigating into custom motorcycle seat manufacturing to see how I can improve the long-range butt comfort of the OEM seat(s). One company uses layers/inserts of different foam densities in their seats claiming a better comfort level.
I did not have complete rebuild of seat, which includes removing most of oem foam and replacing with memory foam and gel custom fit for rider. Basically you spend 30 minutes on and off bike as he reshapes the memory foam to your liking then covers complete seat. I just had inserts redone and narrowed the straddle slightly and rounded the edges a small amount. Really not noticable just looking at it but when you sit on it the comfort level is better, even without having memory foam or gel added.

Now the tough part. What I had done was $300, if you want the complete rebuild of seat it's $525. Pricey yes, but he has never disappointed us and this was probably the 5th time he has done seats for us, some of which were complete rebuilds. And I like to be there to see the work being done in front of me.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Next up, time to do something about this. For the love I can not understand why someone would custom paint a fender and leave the reflectors on it. I pulled them off and it left this fugly look especially where the clear coat collected around reflector.

After much discussion about connecting the flames, matching color and the clear coat residue we agreed for the best look and cost, rear fender needs to be completely repainted. So on to what he could do there, in that environment and time frame. Many thoughts and ideas were discussed until this was what I decided I wanted. Turned out great for what I wanted at this time which was to make the eyesore less sketchy.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts