Honda Fury Forums: banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Now for my unexpected find which for me is 95% safety and 5% cool. I was looking for a brake light strobe/ flasher module and someone who would install it, (usually when I try electrical all the fuses will need to be replaced). As I expected there was a limited number of vendors at rally due to the we might have a rally to the rally is canceled to the rally is back on again 10 days before the event. That being said it still was not the biggest hurdle, as I expected, which is being metric in a HD world. When you ask a vendor if they have an item the reply is "we sure do", then you ask will it fit a metric bike and then you get the blank stare of why the f*ck did you waste my time with your insignificant request. Then when you just stare back they will mumble no and proceed to ostracize you from the area. So as I was making the round of a vendor area I spotted one more lighting vendor and thought why not get some more HD superiority put on me. As I was going through the display area a woman walks up and asks can I help you? My eye starts to twitch with the anticipation of rejection again when I told her what I was looking for. To my shock and awe she says "we got one right over here, it's a universal fit and will have to be hard wired". Now I am staring back with the blank stare and she has to repeat "you want it installed"? Mumbling yes with how long and how much the reply was $90 and 30 minutes, (yes I know it's a $20 part that anybody with a 8th grade education could do themselves but given my track record of ordering incorrect parts and promptly doing way more than $90 in damages) I shouted DO IT! Sure enough I was out within the 30 minutes and was glad I risked the shame of metric one more time.
Shout out to Custom Lighting Efx of Ormand Beach for hooking me up with a Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes Brake Flasher.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
any other pics of the pinstriping? look badass by the wat
That was all I had done on each side. I also discovered it's hard to get a decent picture of the ghost flames while outside. It took about 20 tries to get that one. I got a lot with clouds, trees, birds, and my ugly mug reflections all over the place. Then the glare of the sun makes you wait until it becomes cloudy enough to reduce it. Finally figured out to take a couple of steps back then crop the picture, which does nothing for the quality. Added to that is the fact the bike has not been properly cleaned since we have been down here and that salty air is a b*tch, as you well know. All that being said I like how it turned out. We discussed the small flames he painted on each side of the block and I could not make up my mind so he suggested to go ahead and put them on, if I didn't like them I could just take that part off when I get home. The price would still be the same, so it was at that moment I realized that his starting price is $200 if his brush touches anything and goes up from there. If you want I can post a few pics of the wife's bike, he did hers a few years back, it's much more elaborate.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Like you hid the old tat with a new tat.

View attachment 238588
That's the idea. Being old school I like the pinstripe concept. May add more later along the bottom edges of the fenders and tank to compliment the ghost flames and skull. Pinstriping would be seen at a distance the flames and skull you need to be within 5 feet of bike to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Todays mod takes me back to the swimming sperm side mount license plate. I wanted to show off my proclamation of verility to the ladies a little better. Have not found the correct size mirror yet, but did find a piece of aluminum. A little cutting with a piece of Flex Seal tape and there you have it.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
727 Posts
Custom Lighting Efx & Custom Dynamics are great companies.
You should have looked me up FURY-S1.
I live here. Between Ormond Beach & Daytona, could have got a beer.
And by the way, the swimming sperm plate holder is looking good 😂LMFAO🤣

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Custom Lighting Efx & Custom Dynamics are great companies.
You should have looked me up FURY-S1.
I live here. Between Ormond Beach & Daytona, could have got a beer.
And by the way, the swimming sperm plate holder is looking good 😂LMFAO🤣
Will do the next time we are down your way. They came up to Panama City Beach for the rally. Great folks to deal with.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Happy day today, got my sissy bar installed.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Reactions: boatwire

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
That is a slick sissy bar. I have gone back and forth about putting one on, and no matter what I do, it would have to be a no drill one like that. Your link didn't work for me, but it might be because I don't do facebook...

Reactions: FURY-S1

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
That is a slick sissy bar. I have gone back and forth about putting one on, and no matter what I do, it would have to be a no drill one like that. Your link didn't work for me, but it might be because I don't do facebook...
I went with his for the reason of no drilling plus he was able to take one that he had and shorten it to the height I preferred. After I received it I sent it to someone to have it chromed. Kudos for also being the fastest vendor I have dealt with, I paid on 9/27 got it 10/1.

·
Administrator
3,842 Posts
Now for my unexpected find which for me is 95% safety and 5% cool. I was looking for a brake light strobe/ flasher module and someone who would install it, (usually when I try electrical all the fuses will need to be replaced). As I expected there was a limited number of vendors at rally due to the we might have a rally to the rally is canceled to the rally is back on again 10 days before the event. That being said it still was not the biggest hurdle, as I expected, which is being metric in a HD world. When you ask if a vendor they have an item the reply is "we sure do", then you ask will it fit a metric bike and then you get the blank stare of why the f*ck did you waste my time with your insignificant request. Then when you just stare back they will mumble no and proceed to ostracize you from the area. So as I was making the round of a vendor area I spotted one more lighting vendor and thought why not get some more HD superiority put on me. As I was going through the display area a woman walks up and asks can I help you? My eye starts to twitch with the anticipation of rejection again when I told her what I was looking for. To my shock and awe she says "we got one right over here, it's a universal fit and will have to be hard wired". Now I am staring back with the blank stare and she has to repeat "you want it installed"? Mumbling yes with how long and how much the reply was $90 and 30 minutes, (yes I know it's a $20 part that anybody with a 8th grade education could do themselves but given my track record of ordering incorrect parts and promptly doing way more than $90 in damages) I shouted DO IT! Sure enough I was out within the 30 minutes and was glad I risked the shame of metric one more time.
Shout out to Custom Lighting Efx of Ormand Beach for hooking me up with a Custom Dynamics Magic Strobes Brake Flasher.
Somehow I missed this post...which is the funniest post I've read in a while. I could totally picture how you must have looked to her given she had no clue what you've been through.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Somehow I missed this post...which is the funniest post I've read in a while. I could totally picture how you must have looked to her given she had no clue what you've been through.

View attachment 238750
Yep, pretty sure that was what I looked like or at least felt that way. :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Took me 7 months to decide on which grips and levers I wanted. Well not really, I just kept on looking and finally went with my first choice. Once again info on Fury Forum made a simple job simple for me.
Avon Chrome Spike Grips and Kuryakyn Zombie Levers with Skull Insert.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Today's addition was a HTTM Spike Filter, Accutronix Throttle Body Cover and the Cobra Power Pro Tuner (since BIG government says I can't flash).

61 - 80 of 98 Posts