Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a thread where I could go to show off my updates as they happen, kind of like a journal. That way I’m not littering up the forum with individual post that over time could be hard to find. I hope this forum will inspire others to do the same.

Please feel free to leave any advice or suggestions on what may or may not look good with this Fury.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first thing to go has the exhaust. I replaced with the cobra swept. I'm thanking I should have bought the black ones though. There is a guy down the road that does powder coating. He said that he would do the pipes for around $70. I'm not sure if the power coating will hold up to the temp of the pipes. Has anyone else had there pipes powder coated??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So a very close friend of mine "Chuck" gives me this bell. Then tells me this story about the Guardian bell. I thought it was a cool story and a nice jester.

The bell has a Black Widow on it. I knew right away that the theme for this bike was going to revolve around this black widow bell. I painted the Spider on the bell to match the bike. I placed the bell in between the forks on the triple tree. I was told that it is suppose to be close to the ground and I'm looking into that but for now this is where it is at.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
bro I hate to break it to you, but the black and silver Fury is the best and fastest one lol. welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. be prepared to read a lot and see what others have done to their bikes, keep a napkin handy as you'll see lots of nice bikes with lots of money put into them, before you know it you'll be broke like everyone else with putting money into the bike, have fun and look around and ask questions if you run into something your not sure about.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whats your last three digits on your vin. There is a thread on the matte silver's to register all 500. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL, I tend to stay away from the chrome. Welcome to the money pit. Looks good when its finished though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bro I hate to break it to you, but the black and silver Fury is the best and fastest one lol. welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. be prepared to read a lot and see what others have done to their bikes, keep a napkin handy as you'll see lots of nice bikes with lots of money put into them, before you know it you'll be broke like everyone else with putting money into the bike, have fun and look around and ask questions if you run into something your not sure about.
Napkins hell I have a whole box of puffs here beside me that are disappearing fast. There is a lot to be said about the money that some people put into there fury's.

I will say this. Where I work there is a ton of HD's out in the parking lot but never and I mean never have I seen a crowd of people standing around a bike like I did the day I rolled in there with my metric chopper. There are a couple of guys that 50 and 60 grand wrapped up in there Harley's and to have older bikers come up to me to tell me that I have the best looking machine out there really makes me feel good about the purchase of the Fury.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Just order the cobra swept pipes black.
There are a few pictures in here with the black cobras on our (matte) bikes.
You gotta get an irate maltese cross grill too. Get that in black and get some red paint on parts of it to match the red stripe on the rims.
Might want to check out some foward controls if your a taller guy (6ft 5in) like myself.
Go here. Not a bad place to start.
Accutronix 3" Extended Forward Controls from Honda Powersports Parts
Be sure and click on the honda fury tab. Lot's of goodies.
And yes, the matte silver is faster. Probably because they left the clear coat off.
Mine is #285

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just order the cobra swept pipes black.
There are a few pictures in here with the black cobras on our (matte) bikes.
You gotta get an irate maltese cross grill too. Get that in black and get some red paint on parts of it to match the red stripe on the rims.Might want to check out some foward controls if your a taller guy (6ft 5in) like myself.
Go here. Not a bad place to start.
Accutronix 3" Extended Forward Controls from Honda Powersports Parts
Be sure and click on the honda fury tab. Lot's of goodies.
And yes, the matte silver is faster. Probably because they left the clear coat off.
Mine is #285
i've emailed a few places to find out what the color code is for the red that Honda used... no dice yet. Anybody here know? I was planning on painting the flames on the Irate as well as adding a stripe to the battery/tool box covers....

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't gotten to ride my bike all that much, I think I got 800 miles or so on mine before winter set in, got mine in late September I think it was and then in January deployed and won't be home until July or August, but that's the way it goes, I got a 07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab truck that I only have 19,000 miles on but thats what happens when you are home 5 months out of the year, so I can't wait to get home and do some work to my bike and get some miles on it, especially since gas prices has risen, at least that's my excuse to ride it more lol.

And that is true about people putting a lot of money into their Fury, I won't dare put that much money into mine, for one I can't afford it and two that if I was going to put that much money into a bike I would have gotten a buddy to build me a custom one in the first place, but that's just me, no offense to anyone else.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.