Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what people are doing with the matt grey paint on there fury. Can you wax them or not? Is there something good to protect the paint if not wax?

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Some are sanding them clean then painting them Blue.:D

I know it's a smart ass answer. Sorry don't know for sure what their doing.:)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You cant wax the matte or you will ruin the paint. The dealer said only use soap and H20.
I am with you. I was wondering that myself.
From what I understand you need no wax or protect ant because there is nothing to protect. I am going to look into it. I am not buying it.
You know Dick (short for Richard), you said women like the blue painted Fury's? That's the difference with the matte Fury's. Women actually like the men sitting on them.
And I gotta say, I think you are kinda wishin you had one. You see, usually people speak negatively about things they want because they are making themselves feel better about not having it. And you do that alot Richard.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Soap and water, still looks better then the other colors :D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
You cant wax the matte or you will ruin the paint. The dealer said only use soap and H20.
I am with you. I was wondering that myself.
From what I understand you need no wax or protect ant because there is nothing to protect. I am going to look into it. I am not buying it.
You know Dick (short for Richard), you said women like the blue painted Fury's? That's the difference with the matte Fury's. Women actually like the men sitting on them.
And I gotta say, I think you are kinda wishin you had one. You see, usually people speak negatively about things they want because they are making themselves feel better about not having it. And you do that alot Richard.

Ha, funny... :p

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
What a lame way to paint a bike Honda!!!!:( I still can't understand why Honda painted the matte with single stage matte base. There is a matte clear coat available that IMO should have been used. Then the matte would be so much easier to maintain. ;)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I have to say Richard is on to something there. This evening a Kirby salesman showed up at our door. Kinda of a cute blonde not to bright, horrible sales person but some how got my wife convinved we need a $1500 vacuum. So as her boss is doing the paper work with my wife, I am outside in the garage removing the reflectors and stickers on my fury. She come out and starts in with how great the fury looks and asks "if I come back later, do you think you can take me for a ride?" ... No crap... I almost asked her to repeat herself. I of course replied that no woman is allowed on my bike but my wife. She then waited in the car for her boss to finish. My wife thought it was hilarious, but it kinda proves Richard's point.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Did you get the vacuum? $1,500 :eek: Does it vacuum the house by itself?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
To answer your question....do NOT wax the matte silver. I use the Honda spray cleaner or soap and H2O.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Some are sanding them clean then painting them Blue.:D

I know it's a smart ass answer. Sorry don't know for sure what their doing.:)
Richard1 was mistaken on the blue paint he mean't to say Maroon or what ever the color is on the red looking bikes. You have to excuse him he gets confused a lot.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
matte silver

No WAX! only soap and water. After you dry everything really well you spray polish (honda) on a terry cloth towel and then apply to bike. Do not spray directly onto the bike as your will get over spray on everything and you will have high/low spots of polish. Nice even layer if you spray to the towel first. Promise.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
SCHMUD,
I gotta say you just proved my point. The kirby sales woman wanted to ride the bike,
not the man on it. Somethin about black and silver.
And amazingly enough about 18 years ago I also used to sell kirby's. It is a huge rip off. They profit about $900 bucks on that sale. I hope you negotiated the price. We would drop ours $500 or $600 bucks. 3 or 400 bucks is still a good profit.
And I hate to burst your bubble but that vacuum is no better then any other name brand for half the price. And trust me you won't use all the useless attachments. They sound good, but you won't use them.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Painter,
Can the clear coat still be applied?

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Sorry, but no. Clear coats on cured paint would require scuffing which would ruin the finish. ....

HOK (and others) makes a matte clear but must be applied during the painting process.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts