Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been on here for a while now and its finally getting close enough for me to actually being able to purchase a fury. Got a questions for the matte owners. I found one in a town a few hours away and as far as i can tell its the last matte left in the state. The dealer quoted me 13,000.00 out the door. Did anyone pay less than this or would you consider this a good deal?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey man, just thought I'd throw in my two cents...you can save thousands buying a used Fury. I found mine that way - only had a couple thousand miles, and was absolutely perfect, AND already had some great and costly mods (i.e. exhaust, pin stripes, LED turn signals/mirrors). I paid $10k OTD from the Honda dealership that originally sold the bike to a loyal customer. His wife (the original owner's) couldn't deal with how uncomfortable the seat was, so they traded the Fury in for a VTX 1800. Anyway, just wanted to let you know there are other viable options and ways to get a great deal. I'm sure there are great bikes you can find through the guys on this forum alone. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, the only problem is im up in Montana and im pretty sure there are only three furys in this whole damn state and they are all located hours away, so no chance of buying a used one. Half the people i talk to up here have never even heard of the honda fury. Everyone up here are Harley huggers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm going to have to agree. even though it would be a NEW bike if that isnt important to you, go find a used one if you can with low miles. It's probably going to have 2k in mods already. I paid 12k OTD at my dealership.

·
Registered
144 Posts
thanks, the only problem is im up in Montana and im pretty sure there are only three furys in this whole damn state and they are all located hours away
Yeah, I totally understand that...I live in Littleton, CO, and my local Honda dealership here found my Fury for me up in Idaho. I drove up there that weekend with a U-Haul bike trailer and brought her back.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
You can do better then $13000! Tell him $11000 and go from there.
Keep looking!
You will come across a unbeatable deal soon enough! Search the entire country. Shipping is only about 5 or $600 to get your bike where ever you want it to go.
For example there was a kick ass Matte here with the sumo kit, exhaust, intake, YOU NAME IT HE HAD IT ON THE BIKE! I could be wrong but I think it sold for $16000???
Probably $8000 or $9000 into it.
But I would buy the bike your looking at for $12500 in the end.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats another thing i was kinda curious about. I was thinkin about putting it on a uhaul trailer too but im kinda worried about the truck kicking up rocks and salt and my brand new bike.

·
Registered
144 Posts
thats another thing i was kinda curious about. I was thinkin about putting it on a uhaul trailer too but im kinda worried about the truck kicking up rocks and salt and my brand new bike.
The front of the new U-Haul bike trailers has a small wall that will help protect your bike. My bike arrived safely home after 700+ miles of Idaho, Wyoming, and Colorado roads. If your truck has a lift and/or big tires, I would just throw a plastic tarp over the front top rail/wall as well. Make sure you don't let the tarp touch your bike while towing!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What is the tax rate in Montana? I understand that there isnt much of a market for used fury's around there, but that is a great way to save a few bucks. Have you considered goind to Cour D.Alane, ID? Not too far away.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no tax in montana, thats why i was thinkin it was a decent deal cuz ive heard of people paying as low as 10g but after you add tax its gotta come out to about the same.

·
Registered
144 Posts
And by the way, please let me know directly when you do have a bike - I will be riding/camping through Yellowstone, and Glacier National Parks this summer, and would love to meet up with you for some riding.

Sam

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that would be great. Im only gonna be up here through july, then im moving to arizona to go to school so i can learn how to work on these damn things. Im a total noob, just bought my first bike last summer and now its a horrible obsession.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts