Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the paint code for the wheel stripes or whatever you call it on the Matte Silver? Or the name of the color? Something to get me close. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Anyone know the paint code for the wheel stripes or whatever you call it on the Matte Silver? Or the name of the color? Something to get me close. Thanks
Look under your rider seat... :D Quick answer off the top of my drinking head...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yes sir, did that yesterday, the sticker only shows the tank and "tins" code... (nh-389) hmmm, i need to start drinking again to fit in with this crowd...
So isn't that the answer or am I looking at this wrong... take that code to PPG and they will and should know the rest...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Doh, nm... just actually read it... lol :eek::eek::eek:

The strip is the actual color of the rim, they just painted over it with black and left the red strip there to add the accent... go to PPG, they have a paint reader (basically scans the paint) and they should be able to help you... sorry bout the first answer... :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went to local O'Rileys auto parts store and picked up some red pin striping and it was so close in color that you cant even tell . It was about 6 or 7 bucks for a roll of thick and thin striping and i think it had a color code on it , cant remember for sure . I work in a print shop and mess with colors every day so if I cant tell the diff I dont think too many other people will be able to .

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose i should've specified, im trying to paint the visor on the headlight the same color as the red on the wheels.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to local O'Rileys auto parts store and picked up some red pin striping and it was so close in color that you cant even tell . It was about 6 or 7 bucks for a roll of thick and thin striping and i think it had a color code on it , cant remember for sure . I work in a print shop and mess with colors every day so if I cant tell the diff I dont think too many other people will be able to .
Thanks for the heads up, ball park is all i'm looking for.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doh, nm... just actually read it... lol :eek::eek::eek:

The strip is the actual color of the rim, they just painted over it with black and left the red strip there to add the accent... go to PPG, they have a paint reader (basically scans the paint) and they should be able to help you... sorry bout the first answer... :(
No worries, i got on ppg's website, didnt find anything local but it was my first time hearing of them or searching them out, perhaps im on the wrong site.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
No worries, i got on ppg's website, didnt find anything local but it was my first time hearing of them or searching them out, perhaps im on the wrong site.
No, you're on the right site... just sometimes my foot find's my mouth before we get to the right answer... :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
No problem I did red pinstrips on tank and fenders on my matte silver and they look pretty good got some pics on my profile .

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I suppose i should've specified, im trying to paint the visor on the headlight the same color as the red on the wheels.
You're painting the headlight bell black too right? If not, leave it as is.

And any red similiar in shade will work. The pin stripe is too small for anyone to be able to tell the difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Don't know the answer but I was wondering if they might have used the color Honda R337M Bordeaux Red Metallic like the bike.? :cool::D Or is it more red than that?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're painting the headlight bell black too right? If not, leave it as is.

And any red similiar in shade will work. The pin stripe is too small for anyone to be able to tell the difference between the two.
yes, I am painting the housing black, i'll find something close, thanks all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts