Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I actually have someone matching the color for me but if anyone has the PPG formula for the matte silver and is willing to be so kind to post please do . I seen a post by one of the more popular vendors on this site about having the formula if anyone needed it . So I contacted this vendor and they told me they could have some made and sell me some ! Are you fkn kidding me right now I spent plenty of money with you and you want to sell me some paint when your not even a paint shop ?! Let's leave the painting to the painters and the fabrication to the fabricators ! I think you must have fallen and bumped your head ! Next thing you'll try to sell me is this phone I'm typing this post on !

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Call a Honda Shop they can give you the paint code
Sorry, but that won't help. They will give you the number they have for factory paint. PPG, Dupont, etc. still do not have this color in their system. I am matching paint presently for the matte but do not have a PPG formula.

I have sprayed test panels until my finger is sore! Color match is no problem but trying to get the finish more durable is adding 'sheen' and /or hue. I'll get it by early next week.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry, but that won't help. They will give you the number they have for factory paint. PPG, Dupont, etc. still do not have this color in their system. I am matching paint presently for the matte but do not have a PPG formula.

I have sprayed test panels until my finger is sore! Color match is no problem but trying to get the finish more durable is adding 'sheen' and /or hue. I'll get it by early next week.
Yeah the paint code is under the seat 389m or something like that but I'm not in the garage so don't quate me on that . Well I'm sure my guy will have it next week .

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Well, I must comment once more. Vendors are in a business that has to make money in order to survive. It takes a LOT of effort to match some colors especially in the Matte finish! To ask a vendor to give away work or time he/she has put into finding paint matches is just not gonna happen. Yes, they make parts but they probably paint some also and must charge for that extra service.

Members, like me on the other hand, have some time to do research, mods, etc. and are not sustaining a business. You WILL NOT be able to match the matte silver with spray can paint....It just won't happen. You would need the correct automotive paint in a similar system to factory in order to match! Even with the BEST equipment and conditions, Matte finishes can be difficult.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I must comment once more. Vendors are in a business that has to make money in order to survive. It takes a LOT of effort to match some colors especially in the Matte finish! To ask a vendor to give away work or time he/she has put into finding paint matches is just not gonna happen. Yes, they make parts but they probably paint some also and must charge for that extra service.

Members, like me on the other hand, have some time to do research, mods, etc. and are not sustaining a business. You WILL NOT be able to match the matte silver with spray can paint....It just won't happen. You would need the correct automotive paint in a similar system to factory in order to match! Even with the BEST equipment and conditions, Matte finishes can be difficult.
I have sent my rear fender and a few other pieces out for paint anyways but would like to have a can incase I wanted to spray the front fender without having to pay someone . The color rite paint in a spray can was a pretty dead on match its just the fact that they want $50 a can when the local paint supply place can do it for $20 if I can get the formula .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand the vendors are here to make money but like I said let's leave the painting to the painters and the fabrication to the fabricator ! I mean its not a listed item for sale from this vendor and i seen a post saying that he had the formula . When I called I was told they don't give out the formula nor stock it but can get me some and sell it to me . There so many painters out there I don't need my paint coming half way cross the country when I can get it here . I hear what your saying Painter but I just feel differently about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts