Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
OK here is my concern. I have just received the L&M's Mayham pipes. They are straight pipes no heat shield.
If I install them without a fuel controller won't the hotter engine exhaust discolor the pipes?
I know some discoloration will occur but I would hate for all the chrome to turn ugly.
Your thoughts and advice are sincerely appreciated! :)
T

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes, they will absolutely discolor if you do not adjust the fuel. You can install them and start the bike, but we would not suggest riding the bike.

Hope this helps, we are suppose to have the fuel controller this week, let's hope this happens as we as well are waiting on the production fuel controller to do an install video and instruction for all.

What do you think of the pipes, is the finish and quality good?

LM

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they will absolutely discolor if you do not adjust the fuel. You can install them and start the bike, but we would not suggest riding the bike.

Hope this helps, we are suppose to have the fuel controller this week, let's hope this happens as we as well are waiting on the production fuel controller to do an install video and instruction for all.

What do you think of the pipes, is the finish and quality good?

LM
My only dislike is that the inside of the pipes right at the ends are really an ugly color. Nothing a quick shot of high heat flat black won't cure. I have enclosed a pic.
Thanks for the quick response
T

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Low and Mean...

Why would you send a customer a set of pipes (no heat sheilds) without a fuel controller, knowing if he rides the bike without one it will ruin the chrome... I'm confused!

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Low and Mean...

Why would you send a customer a set of pipes (no heat sheilds) without a fuel controller, knowing if he rides the bike without one it will ruin the chrome... I'm confused!
Matt,
They did me a favor and sent me the pipes because of the film shot this weekend.
T

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Can't wait to see your pipes mounted. If you get the black pipes you do not have to worry about discoloration :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes, we do not like sending these pipes to the customers before we have everything ready, but a few customers requested the pipes first. Honestly we should of had the fuel controller weeks ago, but out vendor was sleeping on the job and made promises that they didn't hold up to.
We do offer all our pipes in three different finishes, Chrome, Black, and silver. As for the inner coating color, usually when you run the pipes this inner area turns black and then they look good, but for your situation I would just rattle can them as it will not hurt anything.

Good luck, please feel free to contact us anytime.
LM

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey L and M,

Do you all plan on posting pics up of any of your pipes in the black color. I have one of the LE models and wanted to see some in black before I make a purchase.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, We are trying to fill all the orders right now, after that we will install some black pipes on our Blue Fury. Along with all that we hope to have some new videos coming soon for the Fury showing all these options.

LM
thanks a million, im looking forward to doing business with yall

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ok my question is how long before there are more exhaust styles to choose from not really feeling the mayham's. Are yall working on other styles?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
They do have some nice options!!!!! My Vipers are supposed to ship with the fuel controller today. Can't stop thinking about getting them in! I went with black, so I will post pics as soon as I put the pipes on (probably 30 minutes after they show up at my door).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts