1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
wow!!!!! Thats the only thing that I can say. That is hot. Good job guys.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That is awesome...Now drop the price of those pipes about 300 bucks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is there any concern about riding in rain with the spike intake? Not that I ride in rain all the time, but I have been unexpectedly caught in rain storms before. Would that intake allow water into the engine?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Is there any concern about riding in rain with the spike intake? Not that I ride in rain all the time, but I have been unexpectedly caught in rain storms before. Would that intake allow water into the engine?
You can get rain guards for the intake. It is just a mesh bag that fits snug to the intake and prevents rain from soaking your filter. Just carry the guard with you and throw it on when you hit rain.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We will be sending out some intake adapters to chrome on Wednesday, usually about 2 weeks turn around. You order the adapter we ship it to chrome, then it's shipped from the chrome vendor to you.

LM
Did the adapters get shipped to chrome? any word yet on when they can be expected?

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chris,

Can you explain to me how to get that exhaust bracket to bolt up to the frame. That black box thing attached to the frame seems to be holding me up. I unbolted it and still couldnt get it to work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mayhem and spike

Looks friggin wicked... IMO!

Questions:

How hot are those pipes going to be on your leg if there are no heat sheilds? It looks close to me!

Once the pipes are installed it looks like access to the adjustment knob and fuse compartment is not possible... is that the case??

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks friggin wicked... IMO!

Questions:

How hot are those pipes going to be on your leg if there are no heat sheilds? It looks close to me!

Once the pipes are installed it looks like access to the adjustment knob and fuse compartment is not possible... is that the case??
They said that you need to loosen the top exhaust pipe to get the cover off. I would think they will be hot on your leg.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just got my mayhem's with the CHROME L&M intake adapter installed today. Looks amazing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my mayhem's with the CHROME L&M intake adapter installed today. Looks amazing!!!
I bought this spike adapter and got it chromed for $100 dollars extra i installed it and then i buffed it with mothers chrome polish and it started scratching and it rainbowed. I know chrome does not do that. did i get ripped off and did this happen to you?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I bought this spike adapter and got it chromed for $100 dollars extra i installed it and then i buffed it with mothers chrome polish and it started scratching and it rainbowed. I know chrome does not do that. did i get ripped off and did this happen to you?
I don't have mine installed yet... but, doesn't Mothers Chrome Polish specifically say to use it only on metal objects? Think that's what mine said when I read the back of it... could be wrong as I am trying to remember off of the top of my head, but could have swore that it says to use it only on metal chromed objects...

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
I'm a dope!!

I must be stupid but I don't see the costs of the chrome intake on the website. What is the total cost of the intake adapter in chrome and what is the total coat of chrome Spike air filter?

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I must be stupid but I don't see the costs of the chrome intake on the website. What is the total cost of the intake adapter in chrome and what is the total coat of chrome Spike air filter?
Where it says "Please Select", select the style you want... pretty much all of the are 100$, base price is 180$.

·
Registered
886 Posts
the rain cover looks like this

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts