Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Powder coating does little to nothing in terms of heat transfer. If you want to cool them down with a coating then you have to go ceramic.

I like the looks of the pipes. Good job.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powder coating does little to nothing in terms of heat transfer. If you want to cool them down with a coating then you have to go ceramic.

I like the looks of the pipes. Good job.
yeah ceramic coating is the way to go no doubt about that . There is always the chance powder coating will burn off even with high heat powder but I new I was going to wrap them so I opted out on the ceramic coating.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Love the Mayhems and the powder coating i do like a set of wrapped pipes but that silver wrapping on them doesn't look good to me, but that's just my opinion, they are your pipes, thanks for sharing the new look with us.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the Mayhems and the powder coating i do like a set of wrapped pipes but that silver wrapping on them doesn't look good to me, but that's just my opinion, they are your pipes, thanks for sharing the new look with us.
That is black wrap let me know where I can find a true black wrap and I will buy some as far as I know there is no true black wrap this is why they sell a special heat paint for wraps . My cousin works at Orange County Bobbers and has run into this same problem over and over but I kind of like the gray look matches the matter sliver paint scheme .

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is black wrap let me know where I can find a true black wrap and I will buy some as far as I know there is no true black wrap this is why they sell a special heat paint for wraps . My cousin works at Orange County Bobbers and has run into this same problem over and over but I kind of like the gray look matches the matter sliver paint scheme .
Use black high temp heat paint and paint your wrap. It works like a charm. Doesn't smoke or smell at all. Just make sure to let it cure for a bit then take it out for a long cruise.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Use black high temp heat paint and paint your wrap. It works like a charm. Doesn't smoke or smell at all. Just make sure to let it cure for a bit then take it out for a long cruise.
Yes I know this its written in my quote that you quoted ! Lol... but I like the look of the dark grey. If and when it fades then I will paint it but right now it looks good. My camera has a crazy bright flash so it looks a lot lighter in the pic than it actually is .

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes I know this its written in my quote that you quoted ! Lol... but I like the look of the dark grey. If and when it fades then I will paint it but right now it looks good. My camera has a crazy bright flash so it looks a lot lighter in the pic than it actually is .
Woops!:rolleyes: Should have read your post a little more closely.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Looks good Billy, have always loved the look of those pipes. Question for everyone on wrapping pipes. From what I have read, You should wrap from the rear of pipe forward. So that the overlapping parts do not catch debris and crap from the road. True or false ?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good Billy, have always loved the look of those pipes. Question for everyone on wrapping pipes. From what I have read, You should wrap from the rear of pipe forward. So that the overlapping parts do not catch debris and crap from the road. True or false ?
Thanx troop ... just talked to my cousin who works for Orange County Bobbers and asked him how he generally wraps pipes and he said he starts from the front to the back but with the tan wraps I could definitely see the reason from starting from back to front .

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
i like 'em.
since i'm a bit slow...those are black p/c except for the tips and then wrapped with silver tape?
man, that is one cool look.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i like 'em.
since i'm a bit slow...those are black p/c except for the tips and then wrapped with silver tape?
man, that is one cool look.
Thanx dude ...The pipes were originally chrome then I powder coated them black and left about a 3" chrome tip . Then wrapped in black wrap and yes that is black wrap but there is no true black wrap to get them black You would have to use spray paint and they make paint especially for exhaust wrap . The color is so close to the matte silver its scary so I don't plan on painting them .

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I absolutely love that look Billy! uestion is how do you get the side cover off?
With the way you have the chrome tips is the look I want. I think it came out BADASS man! Good job

1 - 20 of 24 Posts