Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my fellow Fury members, as we draw upon this Memorial weekend, I want to ask that we all take time to remember the true meaning of this day,,,,MEMORIAL DAY IS TO CELEBRATE AND HONOR THE LIVES THAT WERE LOST IN OUR NATIONS DEFENSE, ITS NOT VETERANS DAY,,,ITS TO HONOR THOSE WHO LOST THERE LIVES,,,I chose to honor the Men who lost there lives on Decemeber 7th, 1941 aboard the USS ARIZONA. AS a Retired Marine of 20 yrs, a Grandfather who served 28 yrs in the US Navy, to anyone who has lost anyone in there family while defending our great nation,,,THANK YOU and I SALUTE YOU and your Family,,,<SALUTE>

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Proud to see it WildBill.....my father was career Navy - I just put a USN Navy gremlin bell on my bike in his honor....going to ride it to Pensacola this Saturday (rain or shine) and visit a friend's grave there....then Memorial Day, my wife and I plan to place some United States flags on some servicemen who have passed away.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, this week was a very emotional week for me,,I was so excited about visiting Pearl Harbor,,when i got there and saw the memorial,,it was very moving,,my step fathers friend Wes whos dad was on the Arizona was killed and Wes is in his 70,s couldnt make the trip so we went in his honor,,Wes had never met his dad he was 2 when he was killed and never got a chance to see his dads grave so made it more touching,we just got our Vietnam wall here at Camp Lejeune had our ceremony 2 weeks ago to open the gates to it,,amazing,,I know the one in DC is special,,if you ever get a chance to see the one here outside Camp Lejeune next to the Beirut Memorial go see it,,But im glad some of you feel the way I do and appreciate the responses. Semper Fi

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bill,
Well said. I try and remind everyone at work why they are about to get a free day off of work every year. Not for the cookout or the start of summer, but for the men and women who have so graciously gave up their lives for us all! Until they all come home we are not done!
Air Force 86-07
GP

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill,
Well said. I try and remind everyone at work why they are about to get a free day off of work every year. Not for the cookout or the start of summer, but for the men and women who have so graciously gave up their lives for us all! Until they all come home we are not done!
Air Force 86-07
GP
Man, we will have to link up ,,im about 4 hours from Charleston,,right up Highway 17, maybe do something at Myrtle Beach,,Im still living outside Camp Lejeune,,not sure if your familiar with the area up here.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Man, we will have to link up ,,im about 4 hours from Charleston,,right up Highway 17, maybe do something at Myrtle Beach,,Im still living outside Camp Lejeune,,not sure if your familiar with the area up here.
bill i delivered papers to lejeune when i was a kid.came from durham.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bill,
Going camping this weekend at MB state park (sorry no bike this time). Yes, I ride up there a few times a year. I'll let you know when.

I'm trying to insert an image I just took of my bike, how do I do this? someone told me before but now I don't remember.
GP

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bill,
Going camping this weekend at MB state park (sorry no bike this time). Yes, I ride up there a few times a year. I'll let you know when.

I'm trying to insert an image I just took of my bike, how do I do this? someone told me before but now I don't remember.
GP
i go into my photos ,,open the photo,,click on the 1st link below the photo,,hit copy,,go back to the post, type my comment then hit enter a few times,,click on the yellow square with mountains and sun ,,click your cursor in the add photo, right click hit paste,,hit post picture,,wala,,,atleast thats how i do it,,I was at the KOA in so Myrtle over spring break,,couldnt get a full hook up site at the state park,,

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bill,
When I click on the yellow tab, it wants a URL and then just posts a box with a red X like prior post. I have no options to add photo or paste????
GP

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bill,
When I click on the yellow tab, it wants a URL and then just posts a box with a red X like prior post. I have no options to add photo or paste????
GP
you have to create a album in your profile,,open the photo,,then under photo it should give you a link to copy,,open the thread or post and click the yellow tab then paste it there,,dont know why it has a red X..:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts