Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of time thinking should I or not fit a screen? I took the plunge and ordered a memphis shades sport shield, but which one,someone on the forum had fitted the pop top & they said it was to short! So I went for the big shot.I'm glad I did it works really well, keeps the bugs off & looks much better than I thought it would.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Never thought a windshield fits the chopper image, but have to admit that the big shot looks good on your Fury. Nice job.........

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I've got the Pop Top and the Big Shot. Pop Top for short rides and the Big Shot for Long ones. Really like the windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Yep...Quick detatch and takes about 4 seconds to remove with no tools!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great! Is it quick detachable? How long to put it on and take it off?
Yes it's quick detach,trigger lock,comes off in about 4 seconds..

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
After a lot of time thinking should I or not fit a screen? I took the plunge and ordered a memphis shades sport shield, but which one,someone on the forum had fitted the pop top & they said it was to short! So I went for the big shot.I'm glad I did it works really well, keeps the bugs off & looks much better than I thought it would.:)
Looks good, I think it's great for long trips.
where you order from and part number? I like to order one

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did the same, went back and forth with color and decided on the solar...glad I did. Qban, go to the Memphis Shades website, click the Metric bike link on the left, Sportshield, Big Shot. Pick the color w/ part number then scroll down and look for Fury and the Quick release pn. Find a local dealer who will order it for you or a site that sells them because MS does not sell them on their site. I went to my local Red Line...wasn't impressed with the Ducati, guess I'm a hardcore chopper guy.

IMAG0750.jpg IMAG0751.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Lofty

Looks great.

I'm curious, what is the process for lowering the front turn signals?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lofty

Looks great.

I'm curious, what is the process for lowering the front turn signals?
Lowering the turns is easy,remove holding bolts then remove location tabs & turn the tabs upside down,then fit left side to the right & then right to the left,lower turns & bolt up,but make sure you untangle the wires on the left side(clutch).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks.

Looks like the next 3 additions are the Cannella riser, Memphis Shades Big Shot, and Kuryakin ISO dually + stirrup.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I was never a fan of the wind screen personally but dude that goes great with the look of your bike, with the mustang seat and the metal studs!

I just have one question. Does the screen block enough wind to smoke a cig while riding? I think that would be my motivation for getting a windscreen.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Smoke while riding . I have a oem mount and custom cut Pglass four inches taller than factory windscreen and I can up to about 40 mph fairly well . His would have to be better , JMO.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was never a fan of the wind screen personally but dude that goes great with the look of your bike, with the mustang seat and the metal studs!

I just have one question. Does the screen block enough wind to smoke a cig while riding? I think that would be my motivation for getting a windscreen.
Thanks for your positive remarks on my fury,as a non smoker I can't help you with your cigs, but the shield is tall (20 inches) so it should push the air over your head..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really didn't want to get one, but it was great to have going on long out of town rides. and it comes off easy for daily riding.

My last bike had a full shield that was about eye height. i was worried about this one being shorter. it is about mouth high and works great, the wind hits me about top of my forehead.

the color looks more red than orange to me, but i still get compliments on it and the bike.

i think the lines go good with the fork angle also.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I may have to get one down the road sometime, especially if we go on any long rides again. I had a heck of a time with the wind hitting me in the shoulders and chest when we went to Vegas. I was hanging on to the grips for dear life. Felt like I was going to get blown right off the bike.:eek:

I like the way it looks on your bike!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts