Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is probably impossible but I have to ask since so many of you guys are sick at this type of stuff. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Powrflo Intake and saw this on Deptford, New Jersey, Honda, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility Vehicle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel where I bout my bike. Arlen Ness Twin-Sucker Air Cleaner for FLT | 402-551 | J&P Cycles

I wanted to know if it would be possible to make something like that fit for our bikes since its not metric?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
it is possible to make anything fit, it all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
You would have to either find or build an adapter plate for it. I think Thunder cycles or one of them offers 3 different adapters for the fury to various style harley intakes. The L&M, S&S or accutronics may convert it but you would have to cross reference the harley to see if it would work. If not you can build an adapter plate yourself but it may be a little more work then your expecting

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
If it fits all the HD's listed on the web page maybe you could use one of the existing three bolt HD adaptors.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it fits all the HD's listed on the web page maybe you could use one of the existing three bolt HD adaptors.
Thats what I was thinking but wasnt sure, do you guys think the Low and Mean adapter would work? or better off trying to find another?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
If you look at these instructions ...
http://www.arlenness.com/images/product/icon/I-18505.pdf

... the base plate appears to have the standard 3-screw mount that we all used with the L&M adapter for our spikes and such.

Not certain, but it looks damn close. You might have to call Arlen Ness support to get a detail drawing on the base plate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i might just bite the bullet and risk it. all the places i saw the Arlen Ness intake have a return policy with no stocking fee. so i figured buy the L&M adapter and that. might be a big price tag but i'll be the only one with it ;-). Any other tips you guys can think of? or suggestions? anything?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
My pockets run deeper then most, but at some point i find myself saying ... " how much for what?"

If you want an intake that has that look at any cost ... who am i to stand in the way.
I agree. My limit is spending as much changing the Fury into a custom chopper as I could've gotten for a similar price in the end.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
guys, i'm guilty of the same thing--well I was until i saw the picture of the Big Dog next to the Fury.
the balance on that BD is just awful. no symmetry.
i'm sure they're nice--and well worth the big price tag, but, for yours truly comfort and balance win out every time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea 500 is a bit much. trust me my pockets dont run deep lol I'm far behind most of you guys with the mods. Exhaust, PCV and some Iso Grips. for having the bike a year. PowrFlo is still up in the air, just thinking about having something original.

·
Registered
396 Posts
That Arlen Ness Twin-Sucker Air Cleaner is for Injected FLT's. Our adapter will adapt a carburated air cleaner to a FURY. Therefore, the Accutronix adapter will NOT work to install this item on a FURY. Does Ness have a Twin-Sucker Air Cleaner for a carburated H-D? :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts