Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, Hal from VTXOA is testing the 240 on the Fury swingarm and is happy to report that it does show promise of fitting. He is trying to find a wheel to put the whole thing together.

·
Registered
829 Posts
That is great!

Be sure to let us know if it works, if you had to make any mods, and what wheels you used. Good work!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Why not just put the 240 on the stock rim? We bought the 240 and 250 and we will test both on the stock bike setup. We know it's not the best to put a big tire on a smaller rim, but if works then we will do it. FYI we have been running 210 tires on a 5" rim on our Mean Streaks for the lat 3 years with great success.

By next week we hope to have some info for all.

LM
LowandMean.com: Custom METRIC Cruiser Parts!

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Why not just put the 240 on the stock rim? We bought the 240 and 250 and we will test both on the stock bike setup. We know it's not the best to put a big tire on a smaller rim, but if works then we will do it. FYI we have been running 210 tires on a 5" rim on our Mean Streaks for the lat 3 years with great success.

LM
Hrmm... looking forward to next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts

LM
What size rim do we have on these Furys? If this works, this is the ideal way to go, and evan though I said I would stick to the 200, I will probally eat my words if this set up works. Good thinking man!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe these bikes have 7" rims. Only thing we need to double check is clearance with the fender mount/ Frame when bottomed out. Because Im sure alot of us will want to slam this bike out, or run an air ride setup.

LM
Oh man, I definitely like the way you think.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be sure to let us know if it works, if you had to make any mods, and what wheels you used. Good work!
I think putting a 240 on the Fury will eventually be much easier and cheaper than it is on a VTX. It costs anywhere around $2500 to $3500 for a 240 kit on the VTX because you have to modify the swing arm, new wheel, tire and fender.

I'm hoping that on the Fury, it will just be a wheel and tire replacement. The fender looks wide enough and I believe it will clear the swing arm.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I believe these bikes have 7" rims. Only thing we need to double check is clearance with the fender mount/ Frame when bottomed out. Because Im sure alot of us will want to slam this bike out, or run an air ride setup.

LM
There actually 6.25" look inside the wheel on rotor side and you'll see 18x6.25.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This bike just keeps gettin better.....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Low and Mean stated in another post that the 240 isn't looking good. They stated that the frame was a little offset which makes it difficult.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts