Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't wait no more......... Pics are being taken. BTW anyone have an extra set of 1" fork extenders??? I AM going to need them!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Us down south need lots of pics. Got to be something cool we all want to do. "I HOPE":confused::confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I just stopped by his house to see what was taking so long to post the pictures. Looks like he is working on his wife’s truck right now…

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
but serious talk-

Are you still only using 1" extenders? I would have strongly considered the two inchers. You might be too low up front....you might not be. Just thinkin

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Was thinking the same thing from the angle, but all we can do is sit and wait and see... good luck MFR :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
off topic....but looking at the truck picture again, I just realized how stupid that guy must be to be under there!

Mike, how's it going? Stop cutting/welding and post!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gas tank

I lowered the gas tank 3/8" from original grommets (pic1) using new rubber grommets I made drilled off center (pic2)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Cuts

Keeping 3 of the 4 cuts hiding under the tank, I took 3/4" out of top tube, and 1/2' out of bottom tube, BTW relief cuts were planned, as well as 1 relief cut in each the down tubes (measured precisely) using a laser horizontally . also using the laser to plumb the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Keeping 3 of the 4 cuts hiding under the tank, I took 3/4" out of top tube, and 1/2' out of bottom tube, BTW relief cuts were planned, as well as 1 relief cut in each the down tubes (measured precisely) using a laser horizontally . also using the laser to plumb the bike
That looks scary....hurry up and finish already! I wanna see :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I still don't understand what you are doing, even with the pictures

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
He is raking the front end by sectioning the backbone and pushing the steering head back. He is going to push the gaps closed and weld it back up giving the steering head more of a angle. Or at least that is what it looks like to me.

Oh and I would go with 3" extenders if it were me.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
He is raking the front end by sectioning the backbone and pushing the steering head back. He is going to push the gaps closed and weld it back up giving the steering head more of a angle. Or at least that is what it looks like to me.
You are correct

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Re-assemble time

Pic1 on welded up with a gusset filling our fav lil triangle for added strength,

Pic2 Painted, but not by a pro, just me

I would like to thank my local welding shop for selling me straight ARGON!!!....... freaking morons...... but i made it work after I realized it.. crank up da welder!!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts