Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too all,
I am sure some have done this but if you heve not.
I have only ridden a motorcycle (fury) for 132 miles, period. Never rode before. My friends laugh because the ones who ride say it looks like I have done it my whole life.
Sorry, (been drinkin) let me get to my point.
I got some after market parts for a dirt cheap (I think) price.
I search the web and asked my honda dealer to beat the price for after market parts and they said they will. I just got them to buy accutronix 3in extended diamond foward controls for $589. Cobra exhaust (black pipes) for $629. The other cobra fuel thing I need for the new exhaust (I am new and been drinkin) was over $210 and got it for $189. These are total cost prices, You get my point.
I am sure some of you get thesee things for cheaper but like I said I am new and my point is, Use the internet for leverage. Your dealer needs business. Plus if they buy it and install it( I don't have the knowledge YET.) you are covered.
Don't let your local honda dealer fool you. The service department guy told me they are still making $60 on the exhaust. That's just for ordering it. $60 for 3 minutes. Then I gotta pay them to put it on.
I know what your thinkin, they will make it up on the install. NOPE.
I will have it all installed and my 600mile severice done all at once for a set price that I agree on. If your dealer won't agree tell them you will find a honda dealer that will. And you will find a dealer that will.
Again don't let them fool you, They will tell you they are not making any money on the deals. Bull shit! They will try to make you feel guilty, Bull shit!
Make them buy the parts with leverage and tell them you are coming to them because you want to be loyal.
MRBYBER,
Been drinkin.
Not on the bike, at home. Daughters first b-day, IN LAWS.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You are correct. The internet is the best leverage tool there is. I got the dealer to drop from $25k to $16k right off the bat on my new harley just by bringing in an internet ad for the same bike at a different dealership. Who would've guessed a piece of paper could be worth almost $10k? :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got $1000 of my bike because the exact same bike was for sale in New jersey for $11400, and the dealer in my city was asking $13,000. $600 delevery charge to get it to my state.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well you might be drunk but that is true. Dealers always have room to wiggle, you just have to push them a bit or threaten to take your business elsewhere. If they don't want to help you out, there is always someone else who will.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've gotten 3 bikes in the last year and cycletrader.com has saved me over $12k so far. That's just the money I've saved on bikes. I'd bet there's another couple K saved on parts, gear, accessories, etc from shopping the net first. Great topic! Hopefully this will help out some newbies.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Internet is great leverage with some dealers, my closest can care less so i order from the net or drive atleast an hour to get parts. Main thing is shop around and be able to walk away if the dealer is not getting you something for close to what we find as a fair market price. Eventually the crappy dealers will get run out of business or learn that even if they make $20 bucks on a part your going to be more likely to return and will recommend others to them making them more money.

The owner of the hotrod shop I helped open started with that philosophy then got greedy and ran the business into the ground, as clients started complaining about insane price hikes he tried saving money on labor most of his original staff quit and the shop went under about a year later. Successful lower priced shops I admire since they take care of customers but still have enough profits to keep their shops open and put dinner on the table for their families.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts