Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
For the record I should explain what led to this mod which I realise is a compromise. Lets face it, having a number plate anywhere on our beautiful Fury sculpture is a pity :( ... just a minute while I wipe away the tears. First and foremost (some may find this hard to believe) I like to fly under the radar, literally ;). I think a tucked-in vertical side mount plate is very :cool: but unfortunately it piques the interest of the long arm of the law. Rear and center is where they expect to see it and I don't want to disappoint. Truly, I do not care for what I think is an ugly appendage hanging below the rear fender. Hands up on that one :rolleyes:. Within my self imposed guide lines the only other options are to strap it on my backside and light it with a methane reactive cell stuck up my ... , or to mount it above the brake light. I searched long and hard to find a clean looking frame that would hug the fender since there is no room with the stock tail light (which I really like) to French the plate into the fender. Unfortunately, I still have to implement a lighting solution which will add a small bit of clutter and I am presently working on that. There is another very significant factor regarding the plate itself involved in guiding my decision but due to legal issues I will keep my mouth shut and leave it to the more astute to unravel the mystery. I will just say this, I do not want to draw any unnecessary attention to it. Remember, under the radar.
I agree with you. Especially about flying under the radar. That is why my number plate will stay on the back along with my registration sticker, visible through 180 degrees as per the state law.

I see my biggest problem being the exhaust pipes. After market crazy loud pipes will have every cop in NSW on my arse in less that 3 KLM. I am looking for something that will give me a better sound but still be quiet enough for the cops not to notice.

PS do you have a link for that number plate frame?

·
Registered
331 Posts
That looks really nice. Did you use the rubber mounting block?

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
gar you must have been a rock and roller cause you all the time rocking and rolling on something.very clean mod,keep it up.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Could use a little more illumination but the curve limits the reach of the LEDs . Changing angle of projection did not improve coverage ;).

Gar:
Have you considered a white LED license plate light?
Blue lights will get you a ticket in California..
The white LED on the Accutronix is a great light day or night.. Pretty bright..

Radiantz LED Lighting - Motorcycle LED light

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I see your still waiting on those super duper Viper XL pipes there.. Maybe in 2011..:p

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

Could use a little more illumination but the curve limits the reach of the LEDs . Changing angle of projection did not improve coverage ;).
Drill one more hole and put one more LED in the center to fill in the rest of the light pattern...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts