Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a 120/70 instead of the 90/90 stock front tire willing to describe what modifications were required to make it work? Perhaps even share some pictures?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
3,466 Posts
Wouldn't it be cool to run the rear tire on the front too? And chop the rear fender. And spring. Pull the forks up in the triple clamps to lower the front. Sure, turning would suck, but who cares??? The look of a fat front would be there.

We could call it a bobber-chopper or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably but why ??? ... when you could have bought a Sabre with a cruiser style 140/80 front tire ?
Hmmm... pretty sure that wasn’t available when I bought my Fury used in 2011...

If I must explain myself: I will prefer the increased contact patch, I ride the Fury hard (yes, yes, harder than a boatload if you will say it should be ridden...).

Be all that as it may, does anyone have an answer to my question? Or only more folks who want to question why I would want to...

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
patience is a virtue my child, the answer will come>:)

·
Premium Member
13,719 Posts
Only change i would see is the fender. I think i could fit the tire on that rim with a little less pressure. Steering would improve moderately.

·
Premium Member
13,719 Posts
Wouldn't it be cool to run the rear tire on the front too? And chop the rear fender. And spring. Pull the forks up in the triple clamps to lower the front. Sure, turning would suck, but who cares??? The look of a fat front would be there.

We run rear tires on the front of a lot of the 1800 VTX'S.:flamebike:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

That's an ugly bike. If you want to see a bobber-chopper done right take a look at any bike Indian Larry built.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Hmmm... pretty sure that wasn’t available when I bought my Fury used in 2011...

If I must explain myself: I will prefer the increased contact patch, I ride the Fury hard (yes, yes, harder than a boatload if you will say it should be ridden...).

Be all that as it may, does anyone have an answer to my question? Or only more folks who want to question why I would want to...
The Sabre and Interstate came out in late 2010. I'm sure a ton of Sabre owners would love to sell their wheels as many of them want Fury wheels.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
The Sabre and Interstate came out in late 2010. I'm sure a ton of Sabre owners would love to sell their wheels as many of them want Fury wheels.
I don't think that's gonna work. Sabre has got 21"diameter wheel but has the same 90/90 tyre. Interstate/Stateline has 140/80 tyre but is 17"diameter. Sabre owners only want fury wheels 'cause they look better, not for size.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only change i would see is the fender.
Yeah, I was concerned for nothing. (I had the rim and tire with me at the race track to get the rubber changed for free).

In the end only mid required was removing the metal support inside the front fender. Seemed an over engineered piece anyway (keeps the forks straight when you yank the shaft, but they’re held straight plenty by the shaft when in place).

Have only taken a short ride to ensure the lack of running when she was on the jack remained the same. I look forward to evaluating the new handling characteristics soon!

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Yeah, I was concerned for nothing. (I had the rim and tire with me at the race track to get the rubber changed for free).

In the end only mid required was removing the metal support inside the front fender. Seemed an over engineered piece anyway (keeps the forks straight when you yank the shaft, but they’re held straight plenty by the shaft when in place).

Have only taken a short ride to ensure the lack of running when she was on the jack remained the same. I look forward to evaluating the new handling characteristics soon!
Post pics when you get a chance.... remember, pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
472 Posts
^^^^

Yeah, I want to see this too!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I want to see this too!
Doesn’t look like much to me.

Second pic shows the small plastic tab that the metal inner frame pushes against. The clearance is minimal, but no marks on rubber despite the fender vibrating noticeably more at speed without that frame in place.

Third pic shows old rubber pre tire change... prolly could’ve gotten a few thousand more miles out of it, eh? ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
!
The fender brace is there to keep the fender from breaking, not to keep the forks in line.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looks good.

Doesn’t look like much to me.

Second pic shows the small plastic tab that the metal inner frame pushes against. The clearance is minimal, but no marks on rubber despite the fender vibrating noticeably more at speed without that frame in place.

Third pic shows old rubber pre tire change... prolly could’ve gotten a few thousand more miles out of it, eh? ?
I like it, post some more please...
See I don't have that brace on my fender anyway. It's been missing a good long while now and not missed.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
See I don't have that brace on my fender anyway. It's been missing a good long while now and not missed.
That looks sweet!

If it weren’t for the fact that I live a mile down a gravel road, and thus actually need the functionality of the fender, I’d love a look like that!

Reactions: Vic
1 - 20 of 32 Posts