Honda Fury Forums: banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
I did Dave's method also and loved it compared to the stock baffles. I didn't care for the higher pitch without baffles. I just got the Thunder City Original Monster Baffles and I LOVE them!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I did Dave's method also and loved it compared to the stock baffles. I didn't care for the higher pitch without baffles. I just got the Thunder City Original Monster Baffles and I LOVE them!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Thunder City baffles and always wanted to try them. Just another one of those things in life that I haven't got around to.

Note to self ** Pick up a set of Thunder City baffles

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
super dave

now yer just showin off.....lol.....great advise.........im gettin MFR pipes ...shorties with baffles...im runnin Cobra swepts and yer right about the sound...seems not quite enough...

·
Registered
692 Posts
anybody? when you remove the baffles, does it make the mixture rich or lean? i put in a set of modified baffles & the sound awesome, i just don't want to lean it out & melt a piston.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Logic tells me that increased air flow would make it run lean, however, I do not believe that you need fuel controller until u add air intake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
You have unrestricted the exhausted airflow. But until you have a lessened or unrestricted intake, you won't require modification to the air/ fuel mixture.

If you do chose to add a controller to this set up, it will optimize the mixture and give you improved performance and mpg.

Don't get mad, get Furious!

·
Registered
692 Posts
hells yes. it sounds sweet as hell. it has the same tone as with baffles, only louder & more crisp. much better.

the reason i asked about the fuel controller is in the f.a.q. section it says the cobra pipes without baffles needs a fuel controller. one chamber of baffles is all that's put in, so it's not to far from being without baffles.

night fury, it wasn't that i didn't trust your answer in the PM, i just wanted to make certain.

i'm wanting to get an after market intake too, i just don't know which one yet. is their an easy plug & go fuel controller that is self learning? in a few years i would like to do the piston & cams change to put more stink in it's shit.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
hells yes. it sounds sweet as hell. it has the same tone as with baffles, only louder & more crisp. much better.

the reason i asked about the fuel controller is in the f.a.q. section it says the cobra pipes without baffles needs a fuel controller. one chamber of baffles is all that's put in, so it's not to far from being without baffles.

night fury, it wasn't that i didn't trust your answer in the PM, i just wanted to make certain.

i'm wanting to get an after market intake too, i just don't know which one yet. is their an easy plug & go fuel controller that is self learning? in a few years i would like to do the piston & cams change to put more stink in it's shit.
The Cobra PowerPro auto tunes. I have a Power Commander and it's actually very easy to tune once you get it installed.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
the nitro man said:
No worries at all. I'm not offended at all. There are guys much more knowledgeable than me on here.

Don't get mad, get Furious!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dave love the info on baffles.... I made a moderate change to your system and it KICKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I followed everything you said but I made one simple change.

Instead of making my cut at the closed end, I went a little further down and cut at the first hole of the end of the baffle.

Then I cut a slightly curved line through top two holes around each baffle.

Pushed each one in at a tornado pattern leaving at least a 3/8 ' hole (tapped) at the front.

(Weird tool choice) I use a fire place poker to set them back in and align.

Screwed in the bolts.

AND I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW F'N AWESOME THE SOUND AND POWER FEELS.

Thanks for advice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Now everyone listen to the sound I love.

I will send a clip or video to demonstrate and most definitely a sound clip.

Thanks, Dave you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Got a connection for extended forks with up to a 14* rake and 10+ over tubes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This baffle mod is a quick and easy no cost solution that might come in handy for those of you who are running baffles in your cobra swept pipe and looking for a little added sound. It might also be a nice option for those of you who have removed your baffles and might like to have an option of a quick in and out of the baffles come inspection time. It might also help those who have removed your baffles and find your pipes to loud yet not loud enough with the baffles in.

I started playing around with the stock baffles looking for a new sound while still creating some engine back pressure to help out with the performance of the engine and this is what I came up with.

The first photo below shows the stock baffle and the second photo shows the new modified baffle. I made the modified baffle by using the front section of the Cobra stock baffle. I cut off and used the first 4 inches of the stock baffles. I then drilled a 3/8" center hole in the end of the baffle for some added sound and to also help out with install. I tapped out the center hole with some threads to accommodate a piece of 3/8 threaded rod that I screwed into the baffle used for the alignment help on the install.

Any one who has removed the Cobra baffles knows what a pain in the ass it is to get them out and pretty near impossible to get them back in alignment on the install. For this problem I sanded down the outside diameter of the baffle so they would slide in and out very easy. The use of the threaded rod screwed into the center baffle hole now makes it very easy to slide the baffle into alignment with the bolt hole to tighten the baffle into place. Once tighten into place simply unscrewed and removed the threaded rod used for install alignment.
Having the option to easily install and removie the baffles can come in handy come sticker inspection time. There might also be days when you might want to hear all you can from the exhaust so now you can just pop them baffles out. Other times you might want to hear a little different sound from your pipes so install them back in with ease.
The modified baffles are a happy medium sound between baffles in and no baffles at all. Its a nice option to have and any option is a good option! Good Luck!
This is helpful. Thanks for the help and advice 👍 :)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts