Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked what an "Average Montana *******" would do with the stock tail light if they mounted an Accutronix side mount license plate. So, using
nothing but tools an average Montana ******* would have in the back of his
pickup, I cut the plastic & steel under PREDATOR's factory tail light. I do not think I am as skilled as the "Average" Montana *******, but I think it
turned out ok. What do you think?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks factory. Great job.:cool:

But whats a "Montana *******"?

I'm from Texas. I know what a ******* is. I are one. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Looks shit hot to me :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I talked with troy earlier about this. I did the same thing for the most part. I cut alittle more plasitc. Was what i did a great idea prob not but it turned out ok to me for the time being. Ill get some pics later.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was asked what an "Average Montana *******" would do with the stock tail light if they mounted an Accutronix side mount license plate. So, using
pickup, I cut the plastic & steel under PREDATOR's factory tail light. I do not think I am as skilled as the "Average" Montana *******, but I think it

View attachment 396

View attachment 397

View attachment 398

View attachment 399
That is freakin' outstanding!! Could you post a little more on what specifically were the cutting/sanding steps you did to get that? I'd like to give it a shot but am leary I'd be able to get the same result. Really fine job!

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
you remind me of a carolina ******* i know.ME nice job.if it dont fit dont force it,go get a bigger hammer.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like it. The back end looks cleaner. It does make it more obvious that the tire isn't nearly as wide as the fender though. With the stock license plate mount that fact kind of gets hidden (I never noticed that until I saw these pictures). A wide tire kit would fix all :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1st Pic... the tail light cover??? Taped... PhotoChopped... New product???
Whatever... it really makes the bike look even better
The only photoshop is the blocking the numbers on the license plate. The tail light is factory. The black around the light is the factory plastic. I'm a red neck, but I dont have tape. I may be confused about what you are looking at....

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
:D It's a Black and White photo giving the tailight a smoked look :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
:D It's a Black and White photo giving the tailight a smoked look :ROFL:
Either way... it looks good smoked looking in B&W. I didn't even notice it was in B&W to be honest. Hard to tell on this little cell phone sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Does it come in black ? YES :D (and chrome)
how much ? $175
and where is you inspectin sticker ? AZ doesn't require one. I've heard of guys keeping it in their wallets

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does it come in black ?
how much ?
and where is you inspectin sticker ?

looks real cool
If you do a search of my other posts you will find one titled "Side Mount License Plate & LED Light *INSTALLED w/ new PICS*". It shows the Vertical & Horizontal Side mounts with a Black Anodized finish and with a Chrome finish. They retail for $174.95

to order call Accutronix.com
623-516-9600 Ext 23

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
How so how do I get started? Do i take off the back light completely....looking closely at the black fender under the light, I have no idea where to cut, also do I just cut the wires to the License plate light?

·
Registered
500 Posts
How so how do I get started? Do i take off the back light completely....looking closely at the black fender under the light, I have no idea where to cut, also do I just cut the wires to the License plate light?
To start with on getting the cuts going and all that, without taking my bike out of action, I just ordered the black plastic piece in it's entirety from my dealer for about $14 bucks. It's mostly done but it's up at my dealer awaiting sanding and stuff, so I can't take and post a pic of it, sorry. But it looks like Troy's work in the ******* license plate fix thread. Whether it'll look quite as good as Troy's work remains to be seen, but it'll be the exact same approach.

But for 14 bucks; order one, or even a couple and just start cuttin' - if you fuck it up, no big deal. When you get your cuttin done you can pull the fender and hold it up to see where you have to cut those steel rods under there to stay out of sight behind the plastic; at least that's how I think it's going to work. Haven't quite got the the rod-cutting stage yet.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To start with on getting the cuts going and all that, without taking my bike out of action, I just ordered the black plastic piece in it's entirety from my dealer for about $14 bucks. It's mostly done but it's up at my dealer awaiting sanding and stuff, so I can't take and post a pic of it, sorry. But it looks like Troy's work in the ******* license plate fix thread. Whether it'll look quite as good as Troy's work remains to be seen, but it'll be the exact same approach.

But for 14 bucks; order one, or even a couple and just start cuttin' - if you fuck it up, no big deal. When you get your cuttin done you can pull the fender and hold it up to see where you have to cut those steel rods under there to stay out of sight behind the plastic; at least that's how I think it's going to work. Haven't quite got the the rod-cutting stage yet.
From start to finish I spent about 1 hour. Having my photo as your goal should help speed things up as I only had a photo in my head, & that was very blurry.

·
Registered
11 Posts

View attachment 396

View attachment 397

View attachment 398

View attachment 399
Ya, I have to admit, those average Montana ******** aren't as sophisticated as the yuppies and silver tops in Arizona.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts