Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been talked about front and back. "Only 500 being made"; "You can get any color you want, if you want matte silver, then you can get matte silver".

Well gents, I am from Calgary, Canada and I have had my deposit on a fury since last September, a Matte Silver fury to be exact....until recently :(

Just last week I get an email from my dealership saying that I will not be getting my Matte fury at all. Needless to say that I went straight down to the dealership to see just what was going on. After a discussion with the manager he said that they were not getting any more Matte Silver bikes into Canada period and that they weren't making any more either, as our bikes come from the States. The amount of bikes that we get in Canada are limited as it is. My dealership, the only one in Calgary was just supposed to get 8 bikes total this year but even now the manager said he doesn't even know if we are going to get that many. They have gotten 3 in so far this year and they are spoken for and I am #4 on the list of priority!

Is this the same way in the States? Are the fury's few and far between down there as well?

For now all I know is, as I mentioned, that I am at the top of the list for the next bike if we get another and I am hoping that it will be black, for the black frame. I discussed with the dealer and he will go halfers on a new paint job with me, so that is a plus....just need the bike to come in! I already have my cobra pipes, raw signals, mirrors and all the other trimmings sitting in my garage just waiting for a bike to be put on! :D

So the moral of the story is that perhaps there is some truth to the limited amount of LE bikes being made.

Oh, and another rumor the manager told me was that Honda may stop making the Fury's in 2011....no more Fury's??? Who knows?!?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
This has been talked about front and back. "Only 500 being made"; "You can get any color you want, if you want matte silver, then you can get matte silver".

Well gents, I am from Calgary, Canada and I have had my deposit on a fury since last September, a Matte Silver fury to be exact....until recently :(

Just last week I get an email from my dealership saying that I will not be getting my Matte fury at all. Needless to say that I went straight down to the dealership to see just what was going on. After a discussion with the manager he said that they were not getting any more Matte Silver bikes into Canada period and that they weren't making any more either, as our bikes come from the States. The amount of bikes that we get in Canada are limited as it is. My dealership, the only one in Calgary was just supposed to get 8 bikes total this year but even now the manager said he doesn't even know if we are going to get that many. They have gotten 3 in so far this year and they are spoken for and I am #4 on the list of priority!

Is this the same way in the States? Are the fury's few and far between down there as well?

For now all I know is, as I mentioned, that I am at the top of the list for the next bike if we get another and I am hoping that it will be black, for the black frame. I discussed with the dealer and he will go halfers on a new paint job with me, so that is a plus....just need the bike to come in! I already have my cobra pipes, raw signals, mirrors and all the other trimmings sitting in my garage just waiting for a bike to be put on! :D

So the moral of the story is that perhaps there is some truth to the limited amount of LE bikes being made.

Oh, and another rumor the manager told me was that Honda may stop making the Fury's in 2011....no more Fury's??? Who knows?!?
from what i heard USA its a special edition, which isnt limited in production. In canada its limited to about 500

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I am not sure whats going on in Canada with the availability of the fury but I can tell you that the Fury was also in short supply a year ago in my area when I was in the market. I was told time and again that each dealer was only given one at a time and they were always sold before they ever arrived at the dealership. It was very common to see that many dealers didn't even have one on the floor for showing and the only way to purchase one was to order it ahead of time. That has since changed in my area and I have seen many dealers now carrying multiple of them on the floor. It might be taken more time in Canada for now but just as it was here at one time I'll bet that will change in the future.

·
Registered
93 Posts
canoesmasher, I don't know where in Canada you live, but there is a matte silver fury sitting in a showroom at Central Maine Powersports in Lewiston, Maine. Maybe it's worth the drive for you to get one. Or maybe your dealership could transfer it to you? I don't know... good luck! Black is always a good choice though... I have one ;)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
From what I heard a little while back, that it was only Category 5 dealers that were getting the matte silver in. If this is true, would be good to find out if there is a Category 5 dealer that your dealer can get ahold of that will ship the Matte Silver to you. If they are a cat 5 dealer, they should know how to get a hold of one of their colleagues to help.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
How set are you with buying a new one? I may be putting my Matte Fury up for sale as I have been tasked for my 4th Combat Tour (3rd to Iraq)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I buy a fury matte silver in January 2010, in quebec city, canada and the dealer have another matte silver in showroom

my fury matte silver have # 69

bye
(i learn to speak english)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What are the laws on buying one in the U.S. and importing it? In this day and age of information, I dont understand why you arent doing some more legwork to locate one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Canoesmasher I was just @ Scona cycle in Edmonton this afternoon to pick up some parts and they have a black ABS model on the floor!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking for a Fury?

Hey canoesmasher, I just left my local dealership here in Cleveland, Oh. And they have both. A matte silver limited edition, and also a black one. They are located in a suburb of Cleveland. Called Mentor, Oh. And the dealership is called Western Reserve Harley/Honda. Their number is 1-(440) 974-6905. Ask for Alex in Honda sales dept. PLEASE, Make sure to tell him "CLUTCH" sent you. He should be able to fix you right up! He'll have you on the road in no time flat. Garaunteed! And maybe I can get a perk or two off my next purchase? Please keep me informed thru the forum. Send me a personal message, and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I can always use more friends!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the heads up guys. Like I said I just found out that I wouldn't be getting my matte silver one a week ago and the dealer said that he will find out his numbers at the end of the month for what bikes he is getting in. I will consider going into the states to grab one if it comes to that for sure.

Cmyfury, I am actually origionally from Edmonton and I know that they have 4 powerhouse dealers that sell the bikes, including the one in Sherwood park. That will be the next logical option to grabbing a bike if they can't hook me up in calgary. The one thing that I like though is that the dealer is going to go halfers on me with a paint job. I was planning to re-painting the bike next winter so really, this is a good money save for me if he gets me a black one and then paints it whatever color I want for half the price! :D

Thanks for all the info gents!

Justin

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey i was on the canadian autotrader for the winnipeg, mb region and saw a blue fury for sale with 1 km on it buy it was'nt a powerhouse dealer. so i called them and they actually have 2 of them one blue one silver with the cobra swepts on them ( called for a price on the pipes they want 700 i told them they were 5 bills on ebay and the dollar is at par shisters) anyways its only 12 hours from you back of a pickup i got mine last year from a guy in edmonton he only rode it one afternoon did'nt like it my gain hope that helps bro

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got luky my dealer had all the colors in stock last month but I didn't mess around I got mine right away and now they only have 4... The do have silver... Action powersports in Waukesha Wisconsin...... 262-547-3088

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys thanks for all the intel and help but it looks like my dealer came through for me! Should be ridin hard on the fury in 2 weeks!!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts