Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Morton infernos with PCV and stock air filter. I have noticed some yellowing at ports. I have read that is do to running to lean. Without having it on a dyno how do I fix it? I hadd doug at Morton's load my map. He will be getting a call as well but I figured you are the R&D guys so PLEASE hook a brother up? and I have a handicap as well not to familiar with te PCV but I did have it hooked up to the lab top and I understand kinda what I am looking at. Thanks in advance oh yeah what would be the best way to cut down my chrome pipes? one is scraping and being a retired knee dragger I still like my corners but damn these pipes wont let me turn right for shit. Please help!:cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Its gonna happen bud. The Mortons are a single walled pipe. I had the Mortons on mine with a PC5 and they still yellowed quite badly. I really don't know if you can get away from it...maybe somebody else can chime in on this one. I got rid of my pipes after I lowered the bike...I had the same problem of scraping them on right hand turns. Freaks a guy out!!! I loved the sound of the pipes but I like my MFR's even better.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A lot of people don't like to see blued pipes but I say embrace it! (so long as it's not from running too lean, then you should address the sitch) I find blued pipes to be very classic and characteristic of choppers since usually you get a set of custom one off pipes hand made to complement your ride. Of course you could always order the heat sheilds from morton's to hide it or there's always the header wrap heat tape. Best of luck to ya!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts