Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my morton infernos on Friday afternoon, and installed that night. Had a couple questions for those of you that have the Morton pipes. Instructions did not clearly indicate if the new rear exhaust support bracket went on the inside or outside of the frame. Clearly states what stock bolt hole to use, etc, but doesn't say inside or outside. With the bracket mounted on the inside, pipes don't seem to go over far enough to align and bolt up (hits the chrome covers and frame before holes align). It does however mount up with the bracket on the outside of the frame, just curious if I have it right.

Also, had a problem getting the front pipe to seat properly in the cylinder port. Yes i used new gaskets, and even took it by my dealer on Saturday to see if they could help. They put another new gasket in, and remounted the front pipe, but still had a problem and there is a small exhaust leak still coming from this cylinder. My dealer said he's seen this happen before with other "custom" parts and different bikes, and seems to think that a new flange and some other kind of o-ring will resolve the problem (used this in past with other Harley's etc to fix such problems). Just wondering if anyone else as having any issues with these things mounting and seating properly

Other than that, THESE PIPES LOOK & SOUND SICK!!!!!! No video will do any of these after market pipes justice. Was tossing between these and the Fuggin Mayhems, but not being able to get at the rear shock adjustment was a deal breaker for me on the Mayhems.

THESE PIPES ARE EXTREMELY LOUD (in a good way) :cool:, and turn everyone's head as you go by! LOVE IT, was exactly what the fury needed, some badass LOUD pipes that make it sound like a real custom bike, instead of a japanese cruiser (not that this is bad). HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!

·
Registered
429 Posts

i had the same problem with the front pipe as well u just gotta play with it till u got it right took a few times to do it dut finally got everything installed right pull the pipe towards the front of the bike to get a good seal make sure the pipes and brackets are loose i installed the bracket on the outter side of the frame. here are some pix if it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
i was looking into getting these pipes, got a few questions for you guys that have em.
1. how is it when your carry a passanger, is the pipes out of her way?
2. Did you guys add a fuel controller or aftermarket airbox? i plan keeping airbox and fuel controller stock for right now.
3.On mortons site it recomends getting the power cones, did you guys use them?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i had the same problem with the front pipe as well u just gotta play with it till u got it right took a few times to do it dut finally got everything installed right pull the pipe towards the front of the bike to get a good seal make sure the pipes and brackets are loose i installed the bracket on the outter side of the frame. here are some pix if it helps.
Thanks for the pics and feedback. I mounted my support bracket in the same spot, so I guess this is the correct position. I've tried twice now to reseat the front, but going up to my dealer this afternoon to install some different flange ring that he says will completely solve the problem.

BTW, just noticed after looking at your pics, you had the tips recut on the pipes. Did you do this to eliminate the scraping when leaning hard into the right? Any changes in sound, etc? Looks good

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was looking into getting these pipes, got a few questions for you guys that have em.
1. how is it when your carry a passanger, is the pipes out of her way?
2. Did you guys add a fuel controller or aftermarket airbox? i plan keeping airbox and fuel controller stock for right now.
3.On mortons site it recomends getting the power cones, did you guys use them?
MacZ, regarding your questions,
1. Pipes are no problem for the passenger. However, I did have to tighten up the shock a little, as the bottom pipe scraped when leaning hard into a right hand turn. Just took a little getting used to, but not a problem. No clearance issues without passenger (p.s. when they scraped, had the shock at full soft, and I'm 270lbs without my wife on).
2. As of right now, I have the stock air intake, with no fuel controller. I have a spike intake & PCV to install, just waiting on the L&M adaptor to come this week hopefully, but runs fine with stock setup (by the way, did I mention they sound AWESOME!):D
3. I saw the recommendation for power cones, but didn't order them. Not really sure what they are, I think they are baffles that go on the end of the pipes, but I have NO POPPING on decel, and bike runs great. Already put over 350 miles on the bike this weekend after installing

Hope this helps with your decision. Like I said in my initial post, NO VIDEO WILL DO ANY OF THESE PIPES JUSTICE! I listened to them all on youtube, and debated for 2 months on which pipes to get. Finally pulled the trigger, and have NO REGRETS!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
i saw that stlye on a diffrent set of pipes that mortons have so i asked them if they can do mine like that to be a little diffrent. i have the power cones and they just close up the inner gap a little,
not much, they probable sound the same as ur pipes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did anyone have exhaust leak issues? There were no crush gaskets on the stock pipes when I removed them, and none came with the Morton's; so I figured they weren't required and went ahead and installed the Infernos. I've got pretty significant leaks from both cylinders now, so I called the Honda dealer and had them look on the microfiche for gaskets...sure enough, there are supposed to be some there, I bought a couple and will install them later tonight; hopefully this helps.

Anyone else missing gaskets and/or having leak issues?

BTW, these pipes are AWESOME! I will also be getting a custom dyno tune done later this week hopefully (once my spike intake arrives and I get it put on), so if anyone is running the Morton Inferno's with the Power Commander V and an aftermarket spike intake, I will be more than happy to send you the tune file. I'll make sure to update this thread when I have the tune, please wait until then prior to asking for it.

Cheers:D

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Did anyone have exhaust leak issues? There were no crush gaskets on the stock pipes when I removed them, and none came with the Morton's; so I figured they weren't required and went ahead and installed the Infernos. I've got pretty significant leaks from both cylinders now, so I called the Honda dealer and had them look on the microfiche for gaskets...sure enough, there are supposed to be some there, I bought a couple and will install them later tonight; hopefully this helps.

Anyone else missing gaskets and/or having leak issues?
Look closely, there are gaskets in there from the stock pipes..
They need to come out before you put the others in. They are a [email protected] to get out because they are pressure fit.
They are in there, get a flash light to see.

This likely the cause of you exhaust leaks..

Hope that helps..:)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh, ok, thanks...never saw em' in there.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
:cool: Love my Black Infernos... that look and sound loud and proud. I did get the Fuggin Fuel Controller. I am currently working with Doug at Fuggin with setting the controller just right for the Mortons. They where not out when they where setting up the controller, but it seems farely simple.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:cool: Love my Black Infernos... that look and sound loud and proud. I did get the Fuggin Fuel Controller. I am currently working with Doug at Fuggin with setting the controller just right for the Mortons. They where not out when they where setting up the controller, but it seems farely simple.
Nice, I would love to see a close up of the ceramic coating :D How do you tune the Fuggin controller? I have the PCV, and wondering if they work the same (chart of throttle % and rpm where you indicate how much more/less % of fuel to inject). If so, would be curious to see the numbers Doug suggests for this setup.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Those look different. Really close to the Viper-2's except for the turn out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those look different. Really close to the Viper-2's except for the turn out.
Was thinking the same thing, they look alot like the vipers with a different style turnout. Interesting looking. Who makes them?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts